Part 4

Exhausted from her first class, Lindsay chose to make her own dinner and have it in her chambers. She retired early and awoke just before sunrise, as was her habit. Normally she would've gone for a run, but she hadn't mapped out a route on the grounds yet. She contented herself with exercises that could be performed in her sitting room: push-ups, sit-ups, squats, and hand-stands. She showered and dressed and was about to make herself some breakfast when she heard a knock at her door. The Weasley twins burst in without hesitation. "Going to Hogsmeade?" asked Fred.

"Going where?"

"I told you she wouldn't know what it was," said George.

"Hogsmeade is a village," said Fred. "We go there on weekends."

"We'd love to show you around," said George.

"Uh, yeah sure, I'd love to," said Lindsay. "I was just about to make breakfast--"

"Don't do that," said the twins. "Come to the Great Hall."

Fred and George described Hogsmeade in detail as they escorted Lindsay to the Great Hall. She suspected that the majority of what they said wasn't true, but it was certainly entertaining. "That's the Great Hall there," said Fred. He pointed to an enormous stone doorway, flanked by two huge, open, wooden doors. Students were lazily coming and going.

Lindsay greeted Professor McGonagall who had just emerged from between the doors. "Oh, Miss Gray, I wanted to speak with you. Go ahead boys, Miss Gray will be along shortly. I forgot to tell you that this is a Hogsmeade weekend."

"Yes, the twins were telling me. They said they'd show me the village."

"Oh, good," said McGonagall. "Students walk to Hogsmeade, so make sure you dress warmly."

"I'll do that."

"One last this, Miss Gray," said McGonagall. Her expression was earnest as she placed a hand on Lindsay's arm. "And this is very important. Don't eat or drink anything the twins offer you."

"Er...okay."

"Remember," said McGonagall as she walked on.

The twins stood and waved when Lindsay entered the Great Hall. She sat down between them clearly in awe of the room's immensity. "So what's the protocol? Is there a buffet, or waiters, or what?" The twins began to laugh hysterically.

"The house-elves send everything up from the kitchens," said Hermione from across the table. "Most things are already here as you can see." Hermione pointed to the plates of toast, and sausages, and other breakfast foods lining the center of the table. "If you'd like something else, you can ask for it, but you must be polite. Watch me. May I have a bowl of porridge with a bit of cinnamon and apple, please?" Within seconds a deep, golden bowl of steaming porridge appeared in front of Hermione. "Now you try."

"May I have a cheese omelet and a cup of dark roasted coffee, please?" Lindsay laughed in disbelief when it appeared before her. It was one of the most amazing things she'd ever seen, yet everyone else at the table seemed totally indifferent. "So the house elves just sent this from the kitchen? I feel like I'm in a dream."

Fred and George both took a forkful of Lindsay's omelet. "Nope, not dreaming," they said.

###

The twins insisted on stopping at Honeydukes first. There were so many kids in the shop that it was hard to get in the door. They entered in single file with Fred at the front and George at the back. Lindsay had her hand on Fred's shoulder to avoid being separated from him. George did the same with her. The few kids that tried to push between them were bounced off the twins like pinballs.