Part 22

A/N: This is still in draft form and will likely have some canon-compliancy issues that'll need to be worked out at a later date. Also, since I've done very little editing, there will be mistakes here and there. If the mistakes are too unbearable, message me or leave a review. (:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of Lindsay's first year at Hogwarts' passed uneventfully. She went home for Christmas break and returned inconspicuously to her studies after the holidays. All of her teachers followed a strict fast-paced curriculum except for Dumbledore, whose lessons seemed to jump from topic to topic. Oddly, Lindsay seemed to grasp the material better when it was presented in a haphazard fashion. Her nervousness sometimes got the better of her when she knew what was coming. The novelty of her presence wore off most of the students, and she became just another face in the crowd to many of them. Lindsay's school year ended at the beginning of the rest of the student body's Easter break.

Back at home, Lindsay found herself longing for the noise and companionship at Hogwarts. She quickly resumed her habit of spending as little time at home as possible.

Immediately after tem ended, Lindsay received a letter from Fred and George inviting her to meet their family. She accepted immediately and found herself dressing for dinner at the Weasley home that very evening. She waited nervously in front of the fireplace in her dining room. She'd never traveled via Floo before so the twins offered to fetch her. Fred was the first to exit the fireplace and Lindsay practically flung herself at him. Fred returned her embrace and declared to George, "I told you I was her favorite."

"In your dreams," replied George as he wrapped his arms around Lindsay and planted a friendly kiss on her cheek. "Don't tell me you're nervous about meeting Mum and Dad?"

"No, of course not," replied Lin. "I'm just happy to see you, and I hate being in this big empty house by myself."

"Mum's still whipping up a masterpiece," said Fred. "We've got time for a tour if you're in the mood."

"Yes, of course," replied Lin. She led them into each room and described in detail the repairs that had been done and which rooms were still awaiting renovation. The twins showed great interest in the patio area and large swimming pool. She left the cellar for last and only took them down there to ask them to choose a gift for their parents from the collection of alcoholic beverages that were stored there. She led the twins directly into two large, climate-controlled, adjoining rooms; one contained a great assortment of wines and meads, and the other was filled with variously sized casks of ale.

"You've got a lot of booze for a non-drinker," declared George as he scooped up three bottles of wine, one red, one white, and a blush.

"It came with house," replied Lin. "The former owner was a collector."

"And you kept it?" said George.

"It belonged to Mr. Roberts. It was important to him, so it's important to me." George smiled and nodded, and declined further commentary out of respect for Lin's feelings. He knew how fond she was of Mr. Roberts as she'd spoken of him once or twice before.

Fred wasted no time shifting the subject a little. He picked up a small cask of Belgian ale. "This is all Muggle stuff? Dad will love it."

"Oh, I hope so," said Lindsay. "I have no idea what to get them, and it was such short notice."

"You don't have to give them anything," said Fred. "Mum and Dad are happy with good company."

The party of three trundled back upstairs laden with spirits and stopped in front of the dining room fireplace. George shifted the wine bottles to one arm and threw in some Floo powder. Fred entered first, carrying the unwieldy cask of ale. George's free hand grasped Lin's. "Ready?"