Chapter 1

Allie's POV:

Today was the big day. My first game as a Blackhawk. So far the few months I have been in Chicago have been absolutely amazing. After the first week of practice the Blackhawks were my brothers and I would do anything for them and they would do anything for me. Every guy and I had a special friendship, then there was Patrick Kane. From the second I first walked in the locker room he hated me and I hated him. He is the rudest person I've ever met. So I am at home right now, getting ready to go to the United Center. It's now 3:30pm and our game is at 7pm. I am wearing a white strapless dress, black pumps that are about six inches, a necklace, earrings and carrying my famous lulu lemon bag and a purse. My hair was straightened and I had on no make-up for obvious reasons. I went outside and got into my white Jeep wrangler and drove to the United Center.

I walked in and there were a whole bunch of reporters. I made my way to the locker room and opened the door and went to the area where we get out of our "street clothes" and put on our warm ups. I unlock my locker and slip off my heels. Then Patrick Kane appears and says, "Don't you think that dress is a little slutty?"

"You'd know by all the girls you've sleep with." I spat back at him

I put my heels in the locker and I slipped off my dress, of course wearing nike pros under the dress I was standing there in a strapless bra. I put a nike bra over the strapless bra and then took the strapless bra off and now there were a few other guys there changing. Within five minutes I was wearing shorts and a long sleeve shirt warming up for the game tonight. As I was stretching coach Q called me into his office. I walked in and he shut the door and said, "Have a seat Hastings."

"So I know you've played for two years in the NHL but new team, new rink, new fans, new season. Forget about everyone and everything and just play the sport you love."

"I will, thanks coach." I said

The team continued to warm up and then we started getting ready. Now it was time to hit the ice for warm ups. I was incredibly nervous but excited. Warm ups went great but according to Kane I needed to, "Learn how to put the fucking puck on the fucking tape."

We stood there. Together. On the goal line. As one. The Chicago Blackhawks. The starting line up.

The announcer announced the Rangers line up and now it was our turn. I was starting with Tazer and Kane. After our names were called the National Anthem was played and I thought I was going to pass out and I think Tazer noticed because he whispered to me, "Calm down Als, you are going to kick ass."

Before I knew it the puck dropped, Tazer winning the draw. The game went on, and right at the end of my third shift, I got the puck in the neutral zone and slid it over to Jonny, who skated it over the blue, passed it back to me and there was Patrick wide open on the back door. I passed it and he tipped it, giving us a 1-0 lead. We all skated over and celebrated. On the bench Patrick leaned over and said, "The pass could have been a little harder."

I ignored him but throughout the game I got several other rude and negative comments from Patrick. The game ended 2-0, of course we won.

Together we did a cool down and little workout, and showered. Thankfully the Blackhawks had a big shower where everyone showered together and two individual showers. Of course I took the individual and after my shower I changed back into my dress, blow dried my hair, and put make-up on. Kane walked by and said, "Oh, now I have to look all pretty for all the hot fans."

"Seriously? Can you please shut up? Every single word that comes out of your mouth to me is negative and yeah I'm a girl in the NHL but that doesn't mean I suck. You have no idea how hard I worked to get here." That's when the tears came and I continued, "You are the rudest person I've ever met and I can't handle it for eight years, seven days a week. So don't ever talk to me again."

I grabbed my stuff and dried my tears just in time as the media was there with thousands of questions. I did an interview and then I left to go home. When I arrived home I noticed I had a text from Crawford.

*Hey great game tonight! You kicked ass out the there, and that was a hell of a pass to Kaner. Great to have a sister on the team!*

I replied and couldn't help but smile at my life. I was the first female in the NHL.

A.N.
So... What do you think?