Chapter 22

Allie's POV:

I was now eight months pregnant. Patrick and I had started building our dream house and it was crazy with him traveling like crazy. I had also told the Kings that I would try playing for them next year, but the Blackhawks said they'd take me until then. So after baby Kane is born I will be able to play for a few months.

My ultrasounds had been going great and Patrick made most of them. Our baby was healthy and was still due April 8th. Pretty much the whole world knew I was pregnant now because it's kinda hard to hide the fact that you look like you swallowed a basketball.

Patrick was on a road trip in Minnesota right now and I wished I could have gone with the team but I didn't want to travel being eight and a half months pregnant. I was due in two weeks. Patrick was getting home late tonight and I couldn't wait. In July we moved into our house and I was so excited.

Patrick's POV:

Before our game I got a rental car and drive to Allie's parents house and rang the door bell.

Her mom answered and hugged me, and I asked to talk to her dad. We went outside and well our conversation started.

"Patrick, how's everything going?" He asked

"Amazing, I came here to ask you two questions. First one are you interest in tonight's game?" I asked holing up three tickets

"Yeah, thanks. What's the second question?"

"I wanted your permission to marry your daughter.." I said

He looked at me for a second and I started to panic. Then he spoke, "permission granted."

"Thank you Mr. Hastings." I said meaning it

"Patrick, you can call me Steve." He said

We talked for a while after that, then I had to leave to go to my game.

Steve Hastings POV:

Patrick Kane just asked for my permission to marry my baby girl. Despite his history and the fact that he's in the NHL, he really is a great guy and I think he's right for my daughter.

I went back inside and of course my wife asked, "What did Patrick want?"

"He just wanted to know if we wanted tickets tonight's game."

"Oh, that was nice of him." She said

Allie's POV:

Today Hanna wanted to meet with me. So she came over to my old condo that was just mine.

She came in and the first thing she said was, "Holy shit you're really pregnant."

"Yeah, I'm due in two weeks." I said

"That's crazy, we do need to know who the father is."

"No we don't because this is my baby and I don't want a one night stand as the father." I replied

"Well in sorry, I just hope I can still be in your baby's life."

"Me too." I said

Hanna and I made lunch and talked.

The Blackhawks game started and we watched that together.

"So is Patrick Kane still a dick?"

"Yeah.." I said lying

"God, he's hot though and a hell of a hockey player."

My blood boiled, I was ready to yell, "He's my baby daddy and my boyfriend so back the hell off." Instead I said, "Eww." Totally lying because Patrick Kane was hot as hell. He is a hell of hockey player and such a great boyfriend.

Hanna and I hung out and had a sleepover just like old times. I texted Patrick Congrats on the win and your two goals! 🚨🎉 I miss you, see you tomorrow morning! I'm sleeping at my old place with Hanna. I love you ❤️

Patrick: Thanks babe. I love you too! 😘

I woke up the next morning and Hanna was just waking up.

"Last night was fun. I miss you Als."

"I miss you too Han." I said

We got up and she left as she had a meeting in an hour. I ended up going back to Patrick's and realized he was already at practice. I went into our room and saw Patrick had gotten the bassinet up and in our room. Baby Kane's room was ready and the car seat was already in my car. Everything was ready for baby Kane. Just then Patrick walked in and I hugged him.

"I love you." I said

"Love you too."

"Baby Kane's kicking." I said putting his hand on my stomach

"Probably practicing skating." Patrick said

I laughed and said, "One week and six days."

One week and seven days:

I was now one day overdue. I woke up and said, "Baby Kane needs to hurry the fuck up and come out."

"Baby Kane will be here soon enough."

"I know."

Last night Patrick left to go to Calgary. I just called him and told him my water broke. Erica was here and was taking me to the hospital. Patrick wished me good luck and told me he loved me.

I was in a hospital bed and Erica called my family and hers. They were all on their way. The nurse came in and Erica left.

"Well you are about five centimeters dilated."

"It hurts like hell." I said

"I know and I would give you an epidural but it states here you can't have it to be eligible to play in the NHL."

"I know. No matter what I say don't give it to me." I said

Four long hours later, I was ready to start pushing and I was all alone until the door opened and there stood Patrick in what he had to wear to be in here. He came right over to me and the nurse said, "Are you a family member?"

"No." Patrick replied

"Then you need to leave." The nurse said back

"He can stay." I said squeezing his hand through the pain of pushing.

"You can do this Allie." He said

A few minutes later I heard baby Kane cry.

"Congratulations on your baby girl!" The nurse said and I started crying as she placed our little girl in my arms. "Lauren Allison Kane." I said the name Patrick and I agreed on,

I handed her to Patrick and he said, "She's perfect."

A.N.
So Allie had the baby! Thoughts??!?