Chapter 48

Patrick's POV:

I knew Allie had a hard time in Minnesota so I bought her flowers and went to the gate like she asked. I was waiting for her and she got off the plane and saw me.

She literally ran towards me crying and hugged me. I held her and whispered, "I love you, but let's get out of here before people notice."

She grabbed the flowers and said, "Thank you, they're beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you." I replied to my wife

I grabbed her hand and wheeled her suitcase for her.

We got to our car and put everything inside.

I drove home in silence and we got there and Hanna left hugging Allie. Then Allie picked our daughter up and hugged her and she said, "I love you so much Lauren Allison Kane. No matter what I will be here for you and I won't let anyone fuck with you the way people have to me. I love you so much baby girl."

She kissed her little forehead and laid her in her crib and she almost instantly fell asleep. It was around 9pm but she had to see Lauren.

She came back out into the hall and she hugged me and said, "I'm home."

"I know you are."

"No, that trip changed me. Chicago is it my home, neither is Buffalo. Heck Minnesota isn't either. You are. As long as I have you and Lauren I will be okay."

I couldn't believe how much that trip affected her. "I'll always be here for you baby, no matter what. I love you so much." I said kissing her forehead and just holding her

After about a minute of us just standing there, Allie pulled back and looked at me.

"So. I'm guessing you want to know all the details?"

"Eventually, of course. If you're not ready now that okay too."

She went and sat on the couch and I sat next to her. She was nervous, she was playing with her hands which she did when she was scared or upset.

"So I had a great short meeting with the coaching staff and it was great. They loved me and were thrilled I was back in Minnesota skating. That practice was amazing, they've really done a great job building a team and I felt great playing in the NHL again. Every single guy thought of me as just a hockey player and not as a girl who shouldn't even be here. It was truly amazing. It didn't last. I had the huge meeting that I was there for that night. I was wearing that white and black dress." She stopped and laughed

Then Allie continued, "You probably don't want to hear about what I was wearing."

"I don't mind because I know how gorgeous you looked."

"Well, It was with all these guys and the Wild GM. It was an amazing offer and contract. It was 13 million with a few other things that were great, but it said I had to end our marriage. There was a packet there and they basically called me a whore and told me how I could undo my marriage to you and.." Allie started crying and I hugged her.

"And how I could undo having Lauren by making sure you got all the parental rights." Allie finished bawling

"I'm so sorry Als." I said as I rubbed her back

Allison continued, "I was leaving and they called me Ms. Hastings. I told them I'm married and it's either Mrs. Hastings-Kane or Mrs. Kane. They went off on me again and I left saying fuck you to them."

"I am beyond proud of you. You are the strongest person I know." I told my wife as I was now playing with her hair.

"I can't believe you're my wife. I really can't believe how lucky I got. You seem like a girl that should only be in my dreams. I love you so much and you're beautiful."

"I love you too" she said kissing me

We kissed and then I took off her shirt and before I knew it we were having sex.

Allie's POV:

I woke up the next morning on the couch laying naked next to Patrick. I grabbed his shirt and  I put it on and went to get in the shower, I got out and got dressed and Patrick was up and had cleaned everything up. He was feeding Lauren breakfast before he had practice.

While Patrick was at practice I went and met Hanna at caribou and we talked and she held Lauren. It was so weird still actually having a life. I still couldn't tell if I liked it or not.