Chapter 86

Allie's POV:

Things were back to normal. Our house was clean and everyone went back home. Anne and Tazer were on their honeymoon in Italy.

It was late and I was exhausted. I just couldn't fall asleep. I grabbed my phone at 2:27 am and texted Patrick.

Me: you up?

Patrick: yeah...

Me: I can't fall asleep.. And I'm exhausted.

Patrick: same..

Me: will you come here?

The door opened and Patrick walked in.

He laid in bed with me and I laid on his shoulder. We both fell asleep and slept good. I woke up and got up like it was no big deal.

The same thing happened the next night. And the night after, it was becoming a habit.

The next morning I woke up 5am and Patrick was leave for a roadie to the west coast for two weeks.

"I'm going to miss you." I whispered after he turned his alarm off

"I'm going to miss you too." He said

He pulled me back into his arms and said, "Please text me... These roadies are kinda shit.."

"I will" I said

He got up and got in the shower and I made him breakfast.

"Thanks." He said

He got his bag in the car and I hugged him goodbye.

He kissed my head and I said, "Good luck, please be safe."

"Don't worry, I'll use condom." He laughed and said I'm just kidding."

"It's your life.." I said

"Als, I promise to be safe and I'll even score a goal for you."

"Thanks." I said smiling softly

He left and I went back to bed.

These two weeks seemed to pass so slowly. I missed the team, and I missed Patrick. I found myself sleeping in his shirts.

Me: I know why I kept pushing to play in the NHL.. Because being an NHL players wife sucks... I miss you..

Patrick: Als... I would say come back full time. But we're too many kids deep for that...

Patrick: I didn't mean that in a bad way.

Patrick: shit. I sounded like a dick. I'm sorry

Patrick: I love all our kids and am so thankful for all you do for our family

Me: I know what you meant. And I'm sorry...

Patrick: for what?

Me: everything..

Patrick: I play your bf tomorrow, how mad would you be if I laid him out? Or broke his nose from fighting?

Me: I would be pissed if it was personal but if it's what happens because it's hockey, I accept.

Patrick: damn, you are one in a million

Me: what?

Patrick: we'll talk tomorrow night.

I watched the game and shit, it was personal. Patrick and Auston were out for blood with each other. So many cheap plays on each other.