Chapter 34

Allie's POV:

We were on the plane and I was holding Lauren. Patrick was sitting next to me and he said, "You've been holding her for a long time. Let me take her."

"I've got her!" I snapped

"Someone's pissed." He said back

For the rest of the plane ride back to Buffalo, I stayed silent.

Once we landed we were the first few people off the plane because we were in first class. We went to get our stuff which was a lot. We had a stroller, car seat, portacrib, and two suitcases. I put Lauren in her car seat and then the car seat in her stroller with my purse and her diaper bag underneath. I pulled my suitcase and Patrick carried the porta crib and wheeled his suitcase. His dad picked us up and I sat in he back with Lauren. He dropped us off and then went home.

"Seriously what the hell is the wrong?" Patrick asked me

I ignored him and got Lauren ready for bed. I put her down and he came in and kissed her goodnight. Once we both got back downstairs I said, "What if we did have Lauren too soon?"

"Allie, you can't listen to what your mom said. I know she's your mom but she's wrong. What's this all about?"

"I don't want to give up my career in the NHL." I said on the verge of bawling

"Nobody made you."

I gave him a look and he said, "You can't be blaming me."

"I never asked you to propose in front of everyone at the game, and everyone watching it on tv. So basically millions of people."

"Oh so now it's my fault?" Patrick asked

"I never said that." I said sharply

"Well if you didn't want to marry me why didn't you just say no?"

"What was I supposed to do, say no in front if everyone? You didn't give me a choice Patrick."

"Fine, tomorrow I'll go and tell them it was all a joke."

"Oh yeah because that would make sense. Besides Lauren would mean we had sex so it wouldn't help."

"Are we actually trying to think of ways to go back and undo our engagement or our relationship?" Patrick asked hurt

I looked down and started crying and I said, "Our public one."

"We haven't even gotten married yet and you wish this never happened. Wow.. I thought I knew you better. I can't be with someone who's mad at me for proposing."

"I'm not mad at you." I said crying

"Yeah you are." Patrick snapped back at me

"I'm sorry okay?!" I said full on out crying

"No! Listen to me. I know you love Lauren more than anything. We didn't have her too early, we both know that. You can't let your mom get in your head."

I went upstairs to our room bawling. I locked the door and slip down it. I unpacked my bag and then re packed. I booked a flight to Minnesota that left in the morning at 11am. I texted Jackie and she said she would drop me off. I went and got Lauren out of her bassinet and put her in bed next to me. I fell asleep next to my daughter and woke up to feed her once that night. I imagine Patrick was sleeping on the couch.

I woke up at 8am and Jackie was picking me up at 9am. I took a quick shower and got ready then I saw Lauren slowly start to wake up. I picked her up and opened the door. I went downstairs and ate and saw Patrick sleeping on the couch. About thirty minutes later Jackie was here.

"Bye bye Lauren. I love you and I promise mommy will be home in a few days." I said kissing my daughter

"Where are going?" Patrick asked

"Minnesota. I will be back in a few days. I'll text you." I said blinking back the tears

I grabbed my suitcase and purse and went to Jackie's car and went to the airport.

Before I knew it I was back at my childhood house.

"So why did you come back so soon?" My sister asked

"I miss you guys, I can only stay for a few days though." I said hugging her

"You're the best big sister ever."

"And you're the best little sister ever." I said then added, "I expect you to come to Chicago when we go back."

"I promise I will." She said

I went and drove to Hanna's house that she bought and was now living with her boyfriend. I rang the doorbell and she opened the door.

"Can we talk?" I asked

"Sure." She said letting me in

We went and sat on the couch and I said, "I know I sprung a lot onto you. We've always told each other everything and I kept a big part of my life from you. I'm sorry but I had to do it. I also didn't think of how you must have felt. I felt like I was on top of the whole world. I was the first female in the NHL, I had a baby who was my secret boyfriends, I'd just won the Stanley cup and I was getting married. Nothing couldn't have brought me down, but it did when you said I only wanted rich dick. I want you to know that that's not true. When Patrick and I first met we hated each other, then somehow we fell for each other and we had sex right after Christmas the year Chicago had that huge blizzard. Ever since then we've been dating but if anyone knew it would ruin us both. So I'm sorry for everything I've done."

I was now crying and so was Hanna, we were too emotional together.

"I was never mad at you. I was jealous... Like you said, you were on top of the world and still are. You made the NHL, I didn't. You are engaged to Patrick Kane, I have some random guy like everyone else. You have a beautiful little girl and her dad is Patrick Kane, I have no kids. You are what I wanted to be and I couldn't be prouder of you. Allie I'm the one who should be sorry. Don't get me wrong I love my life but sometimes I wish I could have yours."

"To be 100% honest! I sometimes wish I had your life. I can't even go to the store without being recognized. I had to chosen between my relationship and my career."

"Allie, I miss you."

"I miss you too Han." I said and we hugged each other crying

I had my best friend back, but I didn't have Patrick.

I told her everything and we spend four hours just talking. I texted my sister telling her I was going to sleep over at Hanna's.

We watched "Miracle" and fell asleep in her bed and woke up the next day and made breakfast.

I went home and my mom said, "So are you regretting anything?"

"Stop! It's my life, not yours. I get that you want to try to help me but don't. I wouldn't change a thing." I said going upstairs

My mom came in my room and said, "Allie, people make mistakes. You had such an adrenaline when you said yes to Patrick are you sure you meant to say yes?"

"Mom I am 25 almost 26 years old. I know what I mean. If all you want to do is tell me I screwed up! then I don't want anything to do with you. I love Patrick and of course I was going to say yes. He didn't end me being the NHL, I made that decision all by myself." I said then added, "I love you but I can't deal with this."

I left my room and went to go on a walk. I walked down on the path where Patrick gave me that necklace, when he surprised me on Christmas. He was always there for me.

I just hated how I always had to chose between him and my career, him and my friends, and him and my extended family. Patrick was a lot of work but I loved him and I shouldn't be blaming him for this.

I went back home and packed my bags, I said goodbye to my family and had Hanna drive me to the airport. I flew back home and took a cab to our house in Buffalo.