Chapter 2

Allie's POV:

A few days of practice went by and today was an off day, which was strange. Well today was strange because in about six hours we flew to LA to play the King's tomorrow night.So Tazer, Shaw and Crawford came over and we were hanging out together and I noticed Tazer was flirting with me. It was just awkward as I had no feeling what so ever for him. We watched a movie, and then Crawford tried to do a few magic tricks, which was hilarious.

Now the team was on the plane, and waiting to take off. I was sitting alone in he back as I wanted to sleep on the plane. Which thankfully we had the plane to ourselves.

I fell asleep pretty fast and woke up yo Crawford poking me saying, "Coach is giving room assignments."

Coach Q read off a list, two in a room. Of course Coach called, "Kaner and Hastings."

I grabbed my suitcase and hockey bag and walked out to the bus and put it there and sat in the very front and waited until we arrived at the hotel. I got a room key and took the stairs up to my room. The team went out and had dinner and then came back to the hotel to drop things off. I went into the bathroom and changed into a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. Patrick came into our room, dropped his stuff and said, "I'm going back out."

With that the door slammed and I couldn't help but go put his bag on his bed. The bags we had only had tomorrow's clothes in them and pajamas as after this we were taking the bus to Anaheim, to play the Ducks. I plugged my phone in and fell asleep. About two hours later Patrick came back in the room actually trying to be quiet but failing.

He grabbed his stuff and took a quick shower. He came back out with his towel hanging dangerously low. I was looking at his abs and perfect v line.

"Like what you see?" He asked

"Shut up." I said laying back down and trying to fall asleep.

I finally fell back asleep when I was woken up to water being poured on me by Shaw.

"What the hell?!" I sat up and yelled

He left laughing. I was soaked. I went into the bathroom and tried my best to dry off and came back out to look in my bag. All I had was a dress.

Patrick realized my problem and he grabbed his shirt and tossed it to me. I put it on. I laid on the wrong end of the bed with no pillow laying all weird. I was very uncomfortable, and then suddenly there were wrong arms wrapped around me, Patrick picked me up and carried me to his bed and laid me down and then he laid down next to me.

"You need to play good tomorrow and that's not going to happen if you sleep like that."

"Why do you care?" I asked

"Allie, I'm not explaining anything now because it's late."

"Okay." I said annoyed

I fell asleep and woke up the next day. Patrick had his arm around me and my head was on his chest, our legs were intertwined and he woke up at the same time I did. We looked at each other and then both quickly got up. We both got ready and headed to the bus to go to morning skate.

Morning skate went awesome and we won our game against the Kings. I scored a goal, the only goal.

That night I was laying in my bed on my phone. I got a notification that Patrick Kane followed me on Twitter. I followed him back and he came and laid next to me in my bed and showed me a message from Tazer.

"Wait.. what?" I asked

"Tazer has a thing for you." he said laughing

"That's awkward.." I said and joined Patrick laughing

"So you don't like him at all?"

"As a brother." I said

I don't know how it happened but two hours later Patrick and I were sharing stories about family, hockey, and friends. It was now almost two am.

"Shit. We leave in five hours to go to Anaheim." Patrick said

"Shouldn't you be used to getting very little sleep?"

"Nope." he said going back to his bed

I laughed and fell right asleep. The next day around six am the team was on the bus ready to drive to Anaheim. It was about a 45 minute drive. I fell asleep on the bus there and as soon as we arrived there we went to our hotel and Patrick came up to me and said, "Hey roomie!"

"Shut up, I liked having my own room before this road trip." I said

"So you don't like rooming with Kaner?" Tazer asked me

"No, he goes out like all night and comes back into the room waking me up and is drunk. He's fucking rude too." I said

"Ahh look Kaner another person who hates being your roommate!" Jon said giving me a high five.