Chapter 53

Patrick's POV:

Airport security was kicking everyone out and shutting down all planes leaving. I ran to Allie's gate and they said that no plane had arrived there. It was 11pm. It was 30 minutes late.

I was pacing, constantly texting and calling Allie and Ashley. I was going crazy. I was ready to break down and start crying.

I went back up to the desk and asked about the plane. I was shaking, terrified to hear the answer.

"The plane isn't in the air. That's all we know." The woman said

"Okay." I managed to choke out

Donna's POV:

I just heard on the news a plane crashed on it's way to Chicago and I panicked. I got the whole family here and called Allie. No answer. She should be home now it's 11pm there. I called Patrick and he was freaking out too. All he knew was that her plane wasn't in the air.

Allie's POV:

We only had about a half an hour left when the pilot announced he was landing in some small airport and would explain more later.

We landed and the pilot told us there was a plane that went down and all flying planes were told to land ASAP. So we were waiting for the all clear.

I checked my phone and I had no service.

Ashley was scared and to be honest so was I.

I put my arm around my baby sister and said, "It's going to be okay."

"I hope so."

I handed Lauren to her and got up. I went to the flight attendant and said, "Hey, so what are the chances I can get off this plane with my luggage?"

"We are required to arrive with all the passengers we departed with. I'm sorry."

I walked away scared and Lauren was now up and crabby.

I had no food and she was hungry.

"Shut the fucking baby up!" Some guy screamed

"She's a baby and she hungry! I yelled back

"Stick your tit in her mouth and make it stop." The man screamed back

"Inappropriate. She isn't breast feeding anymore." I spat back

The flight came and passed out little cookie things. They were too hard for Lauren so I soaked them in my water cup for a second before I gave them to her.

It wasn't perfect but it was all we had.

It was close to midnight and there was no word from anyone.

Ashley fell asleep and so did Lauren. At 1:45am we got word we could continue out 27 minute flight.

Before I knew it we were landing in Chicago.

I grabbed my purse, and the diaper bag and Lauren and Ashley took her purse. We went to baggage claim and got our two bags and the car seat tied to mine. Ashley was holding Lauren who was sleeping. That's when Patrick was standing there.

He ran to me and he hugged me and said, "I thought you were in that plane crash."

My phone and Ashley's phone started going crazy.

"We had no service." I said as I explained everything and he took Lauren from Ashley and Ashley texted everyone the short version of the story and told them we were fine.

We got back to our house and Ashley went right to the guest room and went to bed. Patrick got Lauren in her pajamas and to bed while I got everything somewhat unpacked. The important stuff.

I laid down in bed in my husbands shirt and he laid next to me and I knew how worried he was based on how he held me all night long, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I didn't want him to leave tomorrow. Thankfully we would be back two days before New Years and we would be at the Sharp's for the party.

The only good thing about Patrick leaving was him coming back home.

The next day Patrick left for his road trip and I was here with my sister and my daughter.

I had to finish unpacking and cleaning up then I was taking Ashley to the United Center for a tour.

Once we got there I put Lauren in her stroller and the tour began, starting at the lower level.

We were in the locker room and Ashley asked, "Where did you sit?"

"My rookie year as a Blackhawk I sat by Patrick but then for the rest of my time here. I sat right there." I replied as I pointed

"That's so cool!" Ashley said

I walked her down the "hall of fame" and my picture was there for being the first female Blackhawk.

"This is amazing Als."

"I still can't believe it."

I showed her everything else and then we went up to a few places and we left and went back home to eat dinner.

I really liked having Ashley here, it made things easier. I could cook dinner without stopping a few times to help Lauren.

It reminded me that I want to have another baby. I definitely wanted Lauren to have a chance to be a big sister and I've always wanted to have at least three kids.

I sent Patrick a text.

*Hey, good luck tomorrow against Tampa! I miss you ❤️ Ashley is a huge help with Lauren. I love you 💕*

He replied.

*Thanks. I miss and love you too! Don't worry babe, I see another baby in the future.*

I read his message and I got the biggest smile on my face. He wanted another baby too.

I replied.

*I do too! ❤️ but not until Lauren is at least one and a half.*

Patrick's response.

*You've always had you whole future planned out, haven't you? 😉*

*Of course, but you were never the guy I planned on marrying (or even liking). But I'm so glad we did end up falling in love and eventually getting married and having a beautiful little girl together. So I guess planning out my future was a waste of time because it didn't go he it was supposed to and I'm SOOOO happy it didn't. I love you Patrick ❤️*

*I'm so glad we ended up together. We have a quick workout so I have to go but I will talk to your tomorrow. I love you Allison Marie 💕*