Chapter 36

Allie's POV:

The next day after we ate breakfast we decided to go to the Colosseum in Rome. It was beautiful there. We took a lot of pictures.

The rest of the trip which was five days total was spent touring Italy. We saw so many exciting things and I fell in love with their food, and so did Patrick. We already both loved Italian food but this was 10 times better.

Before we knew it we were back on an airplane flying to Buffalo. I couldn't wait to get back and see our daughter but I would miss Italy like crazy. I laid my head on Patrick's shoulder and whispered in his ear, "I love you."

"I love you too." He replied

"Do you want to have more kids?" I asked

Patrick looked and me and asked, "Are you pregnant?"

"Would that change your answer?"

"Maybe.." He said

"Well I am." I lied

"We'll get through it, Lauren will have a little brother or sister and we'll have baby Kane 2.0." He said kissing me

"So you're happy I'm pregnant?"

"Of course I am, just nervous because you'll be in Chicago and I'll be who knows where."

"Well you don't have to worry about that for a while because I'm not pregnant."

"Why did you just tell me you were?"

"To see your true reaction."

"You're so smart, I should be mad but I love you too much."

We landed back in Buffalo and went home, Erica picked us up and took us home. It was about 5pm and Lauren was there with Jackie.

I went and held Lauren and she clung to me. It was like she knew I was gone and didn't want me to leave again. I handed her to Patrick and she did the same thing. I hugged Erica and Jackie and then Jackie asked, "Is there another baby in there?" Putting her hand on my stomach 

"No." I said laughing

"Okay, well we should go. I expect you to come over and I want to hear all about it, even the dirty details." Jackie said

"Get out of my house!" Patrick said laughing

"Love you Patty." Jackie said

They left and Patrick and I ate and I fed Lauren.

"Someone else missed your boobs." Patrick said and I threw a pillow at him

I gave Lauren a bath and Patrick unpacked. Once Lauren was out of the bath and in her pajamas, Patrick came in and he took Lauren downstairs. I changed and went downstairs and saw Patrick laying on the couch holding Lauren, watching the NHL network which was the game we won the Stanley Cup and Patrick proposed. It was in the last three minutes and Patrick was explaining every play to Lauren. I went and sat next to him and he pulled me into him. We watched the rest of the game and then they showed Patrick proposing to me and when I was watching it I could feel his eyes on me. I looked at him and kissed him.