Chapter 4

Patrick's POV:

Morning skate went great, and by great I mean the worst possible thing ever. All I could see was me and Allie kissing. I know she felt the same way too as the way she looked at practice.

Before I knew it, I was on a plane flying to Calgary to play the flames in two days. Somehow I managed to extend my point streak to 27 games with an assist to Tazer. My game was so off but Allie's wasn't..

We arrived in Calgary at 3 am, I was exhausted. We all got our own rooms, thankfully. I crashed as soon as my head hit the pillow. I woke up at noon and went to eat lunch with the team.

Time slowly went by and it was now the beginning of the second period against the flames. Allie got checked from behind and we went on the power play. We scored the first goal of the game, giving us the lead. The power play ended and the guy that checked Allie was out on the ice. After a whistle, I went up and dropped my gloves and punched him as hard as I could. I punched him again before he punched me, our little fight continued before we went down and I got the advantage of having him pinned under me. The ref blew the whistle but I punched him one more time.

I got thrown out of the game. I got undressed and stretched, iced my hand, cleaned the blood and watched the rest of the game on a tv in the locker room.

We need up winning the game that night 2-1. The team came in the locker room and after coach Q wanted to see me in his office.

I walked in and shut the door hearing, "What were you thinking? You can't play the next two games. I agree that was a cheap play by him but for you to do that.. It makes me wonder why I keep you around."

"I'm sorry, I did overreact but he is one of the cheapest players in the league. He was messing with Crawford and then that check from behind. Please keep me around Coach, I promise nothing like this will ever happen again."

"You're a good kid Kane, and a hell of a player. Keep making Chicago and your team proud."

"Thanks Coach." I said leaving his office and getting ready to get on a bus to go back to the hotel.

*Hey Pat, I miss you so much. I saw that fight, hope you are okay. Call me later.* My girlfriend had just texted me

*Okay.* I replied to Brittany

*All I get is okay? Pat what the hell is going on?*

I ignored the text and she texted me again, *Pat please treat me like you love me.*

*That's the thing Brittany... I can't do this anymore.*

*I guess that's a good thing.* she responded and I deleted her number. When we got back to the hotel I went straight to my room and nobody said a word to me until there a knock on the door. I opened it and there was Allie.

"What the fuck were you thinking?!?" She yelled

"What do you mean?"

"Why the hell would you, you Patrick Kane do that? You literally just fucked up your point streak." She said back

"Yeah so what? Who cares I was protecting you!"

"From what?"

"He hurt you."

"You aren't my boyfriend, I can handle myself on and off the ice. We scored on that power play that's mental hurt for him not you physically breaking his nose and jaw over him checking me from behind. Yeah I agree like a little punch to his face was good but that. That is just wrong, and whatever you think happened it meant nothing. That kiss could end both of our careers in the NHL, so you need to go get drunk or do whatever you do to forget about it." Allie said leaving my room

Allie's POV:

I was walking back to my room when I saw Crawford. "I heard you just bitched Kaner out."

"You heard right." I said going into my room shutting the door and sliding down in with my knees in my chest I started crying. I was such a bitch to Patrick but he couldn't show whatever we had. I just hope he doesn't go get drunk tonight.

After about twenty minutes of straight sobbing, I got into bed and fell asleep crying. I woke up the next day to a lulu lemon and nike bag next to the tv with a piece of paper. I picked it up and read.

Allison Marie,
About last night.... I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything including the kiss. I know I over reacted to that check from behind. I just wanted to punch him once but all I saw was you getting hurt from that check and it made me want to hit him harder for hurting you.

I know how wrong that is and I'm sorry but I think we both know that I like you. More than a teammate, more than a friend, it's more than that's allowed. I've acted like a jerk to try to make myself unlike you and to make sure you didn't fall for me (I know. It won't happen.) So I'm sorry and it will never happen again. Enjoy your lulu and Nike stuff.
- Patrick

I opened the lulu lemon bag and he had gotten me a pair of leggings, a headband, long sleeve shirt and a pair of my favorite shorts. In the nike bag he got me a pair of spandex, two sports bras, a sweatshirt and a pair of shoes that I've wanted.

Since we were leaving, I packed everything into my bag and put the note into my cute zip bag where I kept my tampons. Nobody would think to look there.

I grabbed my bag, purse and bus bag because we were driving back to Chicago. I went to the very last seat and sat down. I took out a notebook and a pen and wrote back to Patrick.

Patrick's POV:

I didn't feel bad for beating the shit over him. I felt bad for how and why I did it. I went out last night and bought Allie her favorite things. I was sitting somewhere in the middle of the bus and everyone was sleeping. Allie walked towards the front and slipped me something as she made her way to the front to throw something away. I secretly opened the piece of paper and read.

Since apparently we're doing this whole note thing... (: Thank you for the nike and lulu stuff. You didn't have to do that. I'm also sorry about the whole screaming at you thing..... I didn't mean what I said when I told you to her drunk. I hate it when you get drunk. I know you are expecting more from me, but it don't know what else to say. So thank you, Patrick.

- Allie

A.N.
What do you think? And suggestions or ideas? I would love feedback, thanks 😊