Chapter 77.

Allie's POV:

Donna was now staying at our house to take care of the kids while we were in Minnesota. I sat by Patrick on the airplane and said, "So tonight my parents want me to come home for dinner. They want you there."

"Shit, I guess okay but they're going to kill me."

"I won't let that happen. And they won't because even if we aren't great together anymore, they know how great you are with our kids as their father."

I laid my head on his shoulder and took a short nap.

Once the plane landed we checked into the hotel. I got my own room.

Patrick and I went to the lobby and thankfully my sister picked us up.

She drove to our house and dropped us off. There was so much wedding talk. Her wedding was in October and she was so excited.

We walked up to the door and Patrick was shaking.

"Hey, calm down.. I promise I won't let them say anything bad."

"Damn, this reminds me of when I met them for the first time. I was this nervous."

"And it was okay right, they love you." I said grabbing his hand

He really was shaking. I slowly opened the door and we walked in. I let go of his hand and said, "Mom, dad we're here."

We walked to the kitchen and my parents came out.

They hugged me first and my mom hugged Patrick. My dad just stood there starring him down.

"Dad, stop." I said

We sat down and started eating and the conversation was about general things. Mainly about the kids.

After dinner we were all sitting there and my mom began, "Okay, I'm sick of pretending like everything is okay. What the hell happened between the two of you?"

"Mom, calm down. We're keeping it between us."

"You son of a bitch hurt my daughter and I will never forgive you for it. I knew letting you marry her was going to be a mistake. Something she would pay for in the end.  Not only are you hurting her you're ruining you kids lives too."

"Mom!" I yelled

"What? My house." She said

"First off don't insult Donna or Patrick. His family is still a very very huge part in my life and they always will be. Giving him your blessing to marry me was the greatest gift you've ever given me, it still is. I not only got a husband out of it but I got a best friend and three beautiful babies. I am not paying for anything. It's both of our decisions, not his and not mine alone. But ours together. So I will be leaving with my best friend and until you can apologize and accept that he still is my best friend, the father to our kids, and your son. You will not hear from me." I said getting up and leaving with Patrick

Patrick and I walked outside and my sister was there waiting. We didn't talk in the car. I could sense how upset Patrick was and it hurt me.

I hugged my sister goodbye and thank you. She was coming to the game tomorrow with her fiancé.

She dropped us off at the hotel and before we got out she looked back to Patrick and said, "I don't know what our parents said to you but I just want you to know that you're always be my brother and I'm always here for you. "

"Thanks Ash." He said

We got out of her car and walked back into the hotel and got into the elevator.

"Thank you.." He said

"For what?"

"For defending me after everything."

"Patrick, everything it said was true."

"I know, but I feel horrible from keeping you from seeing your parents."

"You are no. This isn't your fault. It's all theirs. My mom did not need to be a bitch. We fight for each other, forever and always. That's a vow I will never break." I said to him

He hugged me and said, "I don't know how I got so lucky."

The doors opened and we went our separate ways. I went to my own room which was very lonely. Tonight we had a light skate at the X.

The next day we had our first game, which we won. My sister and her fiancé were there front row. My sister was wearing my jersey and her fiancé was wearing a Suter jersey.

I tossed my sister a puck in warmups. During the game Patrick and I had a 2-1. And damn it was a beautiful goal. I jumped into his arms celebrating the game winning winning goal as there was only .03 seconds left in the third period. I pointed to my sister who was cheering for me.

"Fucking beautiful pass!" I said to Patrick

"Fucking beautiful goal!" He said right back

Our team went back to the hotel and hung out together. This is now when Patrick and I would sneak away and celebrate the win and our great goal. But now things were different. He was hanging out with Kate tonight and he took her up to his room.

I went up to my room and facetimed Donna and my kids. They were so happy.

Donna ended it with, "You two still have amazing chemistry together"

I fell asleep thinking about Donna's words. Patrick and I still had chemistry.

A.N. Please review... Sorry these have just been a few filler chapters. The good stuff is coming up SOON!