Chapter 5.

After Patrick's two games of sitting out plus a week or two of hockey it was December 23rd.

Patrick's POV:

I had just arrived in Buffalo two hours ago and I was now at home talking to my family about my fight. Of course I didn't say a word about why I really did it.

Later on that night, I was downstairs when Erica came down and sat next to me on the couch.

"So be honest with me. Did you beat the shit out of him to protect your teammate or did you do it to protect the girl you like?"

"What do you think?" I asked as she already knew the answer

Erica and I have always been very close and I know she can keep a secret.

"Can't you loving her get you in trouble?"

"Yeah, we could lose everything."

"Patrick..." Erica said concerned

"I need you to stop thinking about what could happen because she doesn't like me."

"Patrick. Look at me. Don't do anything dumb but I support you loving her."

"Thanks." I said hugging her

"Is it wrong that I want her here?"

"No, I wish she was here for your sake. I'm going to bed, don't stay up too late." Erica said going up to her room

Allie's POV:

I was in Minnesota and it was now Christmas Eve. I spent it with my whole family at my grandmas house and I was once again drilled with questions. Before I knew it I was waking up on Christmas morning. I grabbed my phone and sent a quick text to Patrick.

Merry Christmas Patrick

Within a minute I got a reply.

Merry Christmas Allison Marie

Patrick was alway calling me Allison Marie. I always called him Patrick, never Kane or Kaner. I was the only one on the team who didn't call him by his last name. Then I wondered what my name would sound like with his last name. Allison Marie Kane. Allie Kane. I couldn't think about that, I don't even like Patrick. Or do I? No I don't and I can't like him. I don't like him.

We opened presents and then my dad's side of the family came over. At first it was fine and I was having fun until my cousins started getting bitchy and annoying with questions. Then I was supposed to go with my grandma to go get one of my younger cousins from their house as her car died and I was pulled out of the car and my oldest cousin Sarah said to me, "You don't even deserve to be in the NHL. You suck and you've become a bitch."

Tears came and as they left I went and walked on a path by my house letting tears fall. I took out my phone and called Patrick.

"Hey." He said

"I'm sorry..." I cried

"Wait what's wrong?"

"I..." I started crying more

"Allison Marie take a deep breath. Calm down, and please tell me what's wrong."

"My cousins.. They are so rude...I can't take it anymore..." I cried

"You don't have to listen to anything they say because you are the one who's making millions, you have around 20 brothers that would do anything for you and you are beautiful, smart and strong. Don't listen to a word they say because it's not true."

"Well it must be because they called me a bitch and so did you so don't say it's not true. I'm sorry." I cried

"I was mad when I said that, you aren't a bitch. You are a beautiful, smart, talented strong woman who can kick my ass in just about everything."

"So where are you?" Patrick asked

"Walking down a trail by my house." I said

"Turn around." He said and there he was standing

"What are you doing here?" I asked

"After a little talk with my sister, Erica. I knew I wanted to see you on Christmas."

I ran to Patrick's arms and cried. He held me and let me cry. He pulled away and took off his jacket and put it on me as I was out here in just a long sleeve shirt. He pulled a box out of his pocket, it was long and he opened it. It was a necklace that had hockey sticks with diamonds in them and a puck in the middle with a Chicago Blackhawks logo on it. On the back of the necklace it said on one stick 'Allison Marie'

Patrick put it on me and I said, "Thank you Patrick."

"So now the real question.... Do you want to drive back to Chicago with me?"

"When are you leaving?"

"I was planning on leaving tonight."

"Can we leave now?" I asked

"Yeah." Patrick said putting his arm around me and I stopped him. We walked back up to my house and I gave Patrick his jacket back and we walked inside. Everyone froze.

"Allie are you dating Patrick Kane?" My cousin Taylor yelled

"No! Kaner flew here as he was going to meet Tazer here and they were going to visit one of their old coaches before the NHL. Tazer decided not to drive back to Chicago with Kane because he gets car sick and Kane didn't want to drive back alone because of how bad the roads are and the long drive so I'm going back to Chicago with one on my teammates." I lied and it felt so weird calling Patrick, Kane and Kaner.

"I'm Sarah and I know you're single."

"Leave him alone." I said as I led him upstairs and I packed everything into three bags

We brought everything out to Patrick's new Range Rover and I went back and hugged my parents and sister goodbye. I said goodbye to everyone else and then I headed back to Chicago with Patrick.