Imagine 7: 10 A.M

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

It was my first day working as a barista in London. The coffee shop was in central London. My boss had just finished training me, and I was now working the cash register. All these customers were always so demanding and impatient. All of them made me want to spill piping hot coffee all over me. I felt this way until I met a very attractive man.

"Hello, welcome to Delist's Cafe. What would you like?" I greeted the customer with an obvious annoyed tone. I looked up to see a gorgeous guy. My jaw dropped, and I instantly regretted my attitude.

"Oi! I know it's early in the morning, but you don't have to be so feisty," the customer chuckled.

"Sorry, some of these customers literally drive me insane," I apologized.

"It's fine! I'll get a medium coffee," he smiled, handing me the money.

"Can I have your name please?" I asked, grabbing a cup for his coffee.

"It's Joe," Joe said simply as I wrote his name on the cup.

"It'll be out in a second," I added, setting the cup down on the counter, so I could give Joe his receipt.

"It's been a second," Joe laughed as I laughed along. Joe was so adorable. He made my heart beat so fast.

After that, every day at exactly 10:00 a.m the little bell on the top of the door would ring, and it would be Joe. He would always order the same drink, and occasionally he would order a muffin. As time passed by, I grew more and more attracted to Joe. He was just so likable.

Joe would tell me anything and everything. For months and months we would always have little conversations, but we would learn so much about eachother. It felt like we've known each other for years. It was always so fun being around Joe. Joe made me go crazy for him. Our friendship grew and grew, and it was obvious Joe enjoyed my presence as well.

Right when I thought Joe was going to ask me out, he didn't come. Time passed and it was almost 10:30. I don't know why, but I was so worried. I started think maybe he had something to do that day. Weeks passed, but Joe never came. He never answered my call or texts. Work felt like complete shit.

I started to worry more and more until a couple walked in. The girl had had long, brunette hair and blue eyes like Joe's. She was also joined with a tall man with somewhat curly hair. Both of their cheeks were stained with tears. They walked up to the counter and sat a note down.

"I'm Zoe, Joe's brother. This is Alfie, one of Joe's close friends. A few weeks ago, Joe died in a car crash," Zoe said as I bursted into tears. It can't be true. For all I know, they might not even know Joe.

"He was driving down here to ask you out on a date. His roommate, Caspar, was also in the car, and he survived. Caspar said Joe was so nervous that he couldn't focus on the road, so now he's gone," Zoe added, making me burst into even more tears.

"Wh- what's the note?" I stuttered, crying my eyes out.

"We found this in his room. Apparently, it's for you. We need to head out, and here is the date and address for his funeral," Zoe said as she walked out of the shop with Alfie. I got someone to work the register for me, so I could read the note.

Dear, (Y/N),

It has been a while since we've met at the coffee shop. When we first met, I knew I wanted to be with you, so I kept going to the coffee shop at exactly 10 in the morning. Every second I spent with you were the best. You made my mornings 100% better.

I'm writing this just in case one day we want to look back at this when we are happily married with beautiful children. This is one of the only ways we can ever remember what it was like when we weren't together. You make my heart beat extremely fast everytime you smile. At the time I'm writing this, I'm about to leave to ask you to go on a date with me.

I'm extremely nervous, but I just know you'll say yes! It's obvious that we have feelings for eachother, and I want us to be more than friends. You showed me what real feelings for someone felt like. I should really stop writing now because the time is nearing 10! Never forget that I love you, (Y/N). xxx

Love, Joe

I let all my tears out. Joe didn't deserve this. His death tore me apart. At first, I didn't even want to go to his funeral because I know I would've been in tears the whole time, but I knew it was best for me to go.

Everyone at the funeral was in tears the whole time. I've never seen so many people in such pain, and I've been to about 4 funerals. Let's just say my family doesn't have the best luck while traveling. Joe meant so much to everyone. Joe was the best person I've ever laid eyes on. Joe didn't deserve to leave.  He effected so many people.

I walked over to Joe's coffin to say my last goodbye. As I got closer and closer to Joe, my body became harder and harder to carry. It felt like I weighed billions of pounds. Once I saw Joe in his coffin, memories of us together flooded my mind. I just wanted to see Joe once again. I openned my eyes, but my legs felt weak. I couldn't hold my body weight anymore. Before I realised what was happening, I took my last breath. Finally, I could be with Joe. Just Joe and I forever and ever.

(A/N)

I cried when I started editing this. I got the idea for this at 1 in the morning, so that's the explanation for such a "different" imagine. My heart was aching while editing this. I hope you liked this imagine! It took a lot of time and tears. Bye! xxx