Imagine 38: A Thousand Years

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

"It's so heavy, (Y/N)!" Joe groaned while carrying a brand new karaoke machine I convinced him to buy. I thought it would be fun to invite some friends over to drink a bit and sing karaoke. The thing is we didn't have a karaoke machine, so I asked one of my friends if they had a karaoke machine I could have and they gave it to me for a fairly low price.

"We're almost there," I told Joe as I opened the trunk of my car.  He quickly followed behind me and placed the karaoke machine inside the trunk. I shut the trunk and hopped into the driver's seat while Joe hopped into the passenger seat.

"Caspar, Oli, Conor, Jack, Tyler, Zoe, Alfie, and Louise just texted, saying they're coming later," Joe announced as I pulled out of the driveway of my friend's house. We drove back to our house which isn't the shortest drive, but it wasn't that long either.

"Do you even know how to hook the karaoke machine up to the T.V?" Joe questioned with an amused look on his face. I just focused on the road until we reached a stoplight because I can't multitask at all. Joe knows that, so he waited patiently.

"I'm not an idiot. How stupid do you think I am, Sugg?" I rolled my eyes, looking Joe in the eye. He looked at the road and then back at me. A smirk was plastered on his face.

"Well, the stoplight is on green, and everyone is honking at you," Joe chuckled as honking filled my ears. Beep! Beep! Beep!

"Shit," I cursed under my breath before hitting the gas pedal. We drove off while Joe just sat there laughing at me. He literally wouldn't stop. Once we reached another stoplight, I slapped Joe in the arm. He just kept laughing.

"What? Are you going to forget to go on the green light again?" Joe teased me, causing me to playfully hit him in the arm again. I stuck my tongue out at him.

"I hate you so much," I sighed as we waited for the stoplight to change. Joe laced our hands together.

"You know you love me!" Joe laughed as he placed soft kisses onto my knuckles. I tried to cover up the smile that was creeping up on my face. I looked out the window. Beep! Beep!

"For fuck's sake!" I cursed again, sending Joe into more fits of laughter. This time, I laughed a little bit. We eventually arrived back home. I quickly took a shower, set up the snacks, and hooked up the karaoke machine to the T.V in less than 20 minutes. Joe followed behind and saw that the karaoke machine was all hooked up.

"Wow, (Y/N). I'm impressed," Joe laughed as he took a seat on the couch. I followed Joe and took a seat beside him. He wrapped his arm around my waist while we had meaningless conversations. Then the doorbell rang. Joe openned the door, and it was Caspar, Oli, Conor, and Jack. I got up and said hello to everyone.

Soon enough, everyone had arrived, and the karaoke machine was already being used. We all sang along to the songs everyone picked out. Buying a karaoke machine was one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. I laughed at how bad most of us sounded. Then Joe took the microphone.

"You call that singing?" Joe taunted us after only a couple of drinks. This surprised all of us. When Joe drinks, he gets really into it. This time, he drank like one or two small glasses of wine. Joe started singing, and he knows I love it when he sings. This encouraged him to sing more, and it sounded great. Once he was finished, Joe collapsed beside me.

"You sounded wonderful! I'm so jealous of your voice," I giggled before Joe just placed a soft kiss onto my forehead. We laid there for a while until Zoe pointed out that there were Frozen songs. She was absolutely excited meanwhile Joe groaned.