Chapter Two

The three green-cloaked men were occupying three seats at a table. I could see all of their faces. However, in the seat facing the opposite direction was obviously Kylo Ren. He was leaning forward with his elbows on the table. I stared at the back of his head in disgust.

I turned and looked at the village of Tunstead as the stormtrooper forced me into a large glass tube in the corner of the room. The tube extended from the floor to the ceiling. He shut me inside of it.

That was the last I saw of my village for a long, long time.

_____

I watch, encased in the glass tube, as the stormtroopers filed neatly into the ship. Some sat at the seats on our level, some took the staircase to the seats above, and some traveled to the lowest level. 

I felt so many emotions flowing through me. I was panicked because I'd been kidnapped by The First Order and was being taken away on their ships. I was shaking with fury because these horrendous things just murdered everyone that I'd ever known. I was utterly heartbroken over my mom. I was overwhelmed with confusion because I knew nothing about my so-called powerful being. I was completely terrified that I was surely going to be killed.

The ship's wall closed, shutting me in, causing a whole new wave of fear. I stood helplessly in my tiny tube and stared out at the three cloaked green men and at the back Kylo Ren's head. They began to converse. I saw their mouths moving, but I couldn't hear. My tube was soundproof. 

I didn't break down in tears because I was in complete shock. It was so hard to believe that this was actually happening. I mean, I knew The First Order existed, but never in my life did I ever think they would come to Tunstead. And kill everyone. And take me. 

I pressed my palm to the glass tube. I pulled my hand down, and away from the glass, and behind me. I curled my fingers into a fist. I doubted my plan for escape would work. I just wanted to be out of that stupid tube. I hit the tube, hard. It hurt my fist so bad. I grunted through closed lips and pulled my fist back. The only person that noticed, or acknowledged, my punch was the green-cloaked man closest to me. He glanced at me, then continued with the conversation.

I thought of my mom again, and my breaths became choked and short with the physical chest pain I experienced from the thought of her. The thought of her body falling to the ground and the eye contact she made with me. Her eyes pleaded for me to help her, but I couldn't and I --

Anger overtook me. I pulled back my injured fists again and began whirling them at the glass tube, one by one, but the glass refused to break and that only fueled my anger. I threw my fists at it with more and more force and then added in a few kicks with my leather boots here and there. 

The four men of importance at the table refused to even look at me, so I continued my mad thrashing. I continued to let out all of my strong and hurting emotions even though my knuckles throbbed and bled and my toes were numb with pain. Finally my fury was recognized, but perhaps not in the way I would've preferred ('fine, you can go home' would be the preferred way). 

Kylo Ren, who's front I still could not see, stood up. He brought his arms up and slammed his palms down onto the table. I faintly heard the smack it made through the soundproof and fistproof glass. That was impressive enough for me to stop my wild rage. I heard the smack but my tube was soundproof. It scared me how mentally strong with the Force he was, but also physically. I panted and rubbed my sore and bloody knuckles as he quickly turned around and briskly walked over to my corner.

I watched his every move. He stopped a foot away from the tube and pressed a blue button on a minuscule black panel on the wall next to the tube that I hadn't noticed before. I looked back into his mask, and I couldn't tell his expression. I could tell what he was feeling through his tone and diction. 

When he pressed the button, I could hear him quite clearly. I hated the sound of his voice. It was fake and caused my heart to beat harder and faster. I feared his voice. It haunted me. Why? Look at the fate of my home. The fate of my home is due to his voice and his words. 

"I suggest you stop doing that." His tone was blank. He showed zero emotion. I stared at his midnight-colored mask, where I hoped his eyes to be. I glared at him with a straight face. I tried to look as contempt as humanly possible. He let his hand fall from the small black panel and he walked away from the glass tube. Kylo Ren sat back down, and the green cloaked men continued talking to him. 

I stood, breathing hard, my knuckles and toes throbbing with pain, and my anger began to dissipate slowly. I wasn't left emotionless afterwards. I was left with something worse than anger. Sadness. 

It came in giant waves that overtook me one by one. I mourned for my mother. I longed for her gentle touch and calming words. I felt guilty and lonely because I was the last survivor from Tunstead. 

The first wave came a relatively short time after Kylo Ren sat at his seat. For several long minutes I stood, staring blankly into the empty room, my mind on the horrendous events of the past day. I finally gathered enough of the bitter heartbreak inside of me to lean against the back of the tube. 

I let myself slide down, a breath caught in my throat. As I reached the ground, a single whimper escaped my trembling lips. I sat with my knees up in the tiny space the tube allowed me to sit in. My elbows rested on my knees and I watched my fingers shake uncontrollably. 

The sadness came from every part of me. It physically hurt my chest. I was the last one alive from my home. No one I knew was alive anymore. No one. 

I began taking shaky breaths and trying to calm myself down. But the tears came. And then the sobbing. And the screaming. 

I couldn't contain it. I felt so . . . So many bad emotions and I couldn't control myself. No one outside the tube paid attention to me or any of my pain. Never in my life had I ever felt so forgotten and lonely. Everyone that cared about me was gone. With each sob that racketed through my body it felt as if another piece of my soul was being thrashed, stomped on, punted, hammered, and destroyed. 

I didn't even feel the ship land. I just saw the stormtroopers begin to get up. Kylo Ren and the cloaked men exited the ship. Two stormtroopers came to the tube, opened it, and each grabbed me by a  forearm. I couldn't stop whimpering. I had to force myself to stop the sobbing so I wouldn't look completely helpless. I also didn't want to cause to much attention. They had to drag me. They dragged me to a cell. 

The cell had the same sleek dark floor as everything else and pure white walls. In each upper corner of the cell was a camera. There was a black panel on the door with the same blue button from outside my glass tube of sadness and an uncomfortable bed in the corner. I sat on the bed and stared at my brown cargo pants. My eyes shifted to my black leather boots, and then to my hands that were folded in my lap. 

I felt empty. 

So empty. 

____________

Author's Note

Please vote and comment if you enjoyed! It takes five seconds and would mean the world to me and help get my story out there! I have lots of plans for this story and am excited for you to read it!

Kylo Ren isn't a huge part of the story right now but he will be! Just wait. 

Update coming soon! Thank you!