Chapter One-Hundred-and-Seven

Author's Note: Nira's POV

I stood outside the hangar's threshold, uncertain as to whether or not The First Order's hangars had night guards or night shift employees, but I assumed they did.

I crept down the stairs, peering at the control room, vying not to get caught making my escape.

_____

There were so many ships sitting on the floor of the hangar and I had virtually no clue how to work any of them, so I picked one of the ships closest to the exit, hoping it would be good enough to take me to The Resistance's base.

Yes. I was going back. I needed to work with General Organa and get her to communicate with Kylo Ren.

I walked quickly over to the ship. All was completely silent. I then heard distant muttering and instantly dropped low to the ground. I began searching for the source of the mutters and spotted a few stormtroopers walking my way.

This is a conflict of interest, I thought, because if these stormtroopers find me they are going to shoot their stun guns, make very loud noises, and get me caught. If I . . . If I electrocuted them right now, then they would die silently and I could continue my escape. But doing that would mean most certainly betraying The First Order.

The stormtroopers were headed directly my way. I had to make a decision, and fast. Betrayal? Or a successful part of my mission? Traitor? Mission? Traitor? Mission? Traitor? Mission?

I hadn't even noticed my hands poised and ready to strike because I was so concentrated on my decision-making. I guess I had made the decision for myself subconsciously.

As soon as the stormtroopers were in my non-attention drawing range of fire I sent a small volt of electricity at them, enough to silence them but not strong enough to send them flying backwards.

I waited a few moments to make sure the stormtroopers were completely, well, dead, then stood up and began climbing into the ship I was going to steal.

The ship's center was a black spherical cockpit, attached to two sideways silver V-shaped wings. The ship was sleek and menacing. I quickly clambered in, sat in the pilot's seat, shut the glass shielding me from the outer world, and gaped at the controls.

I was merely in awe at the complexity of the ship. There were endless amounts of buttons, levers, triggers, and screens. There was no way I would ever be able to comprehend any part of the ship's controls, much less turn it on and fly the big thing.

I did perhaps the most illogical thing I could've done, but adrenaline was coursing through me and blocking a lot of my rational thoughts. I raised my hands above the controls, curled my fingers downward, and sent a sharp electrical shock into the buttons below.

I didn't think about the consequences of electrocuting a ship. The interior of the ship could've lit on fire. I suppose I could've been electrocuted as well but I'm pretty sure I'm immune to the pain of my own power.

Nevertheless, I succeeded. The engine gently revved to life. My eyes widened and my mouth fell open.

I did it! I did! I jump-started a military grade First Order ship! Now I just have to figure out how to work this thing . . .

I am an intelligent being, so I wasn't clueless while trying to figure out how to pilot the ship. I could identify the main steering wheel, the throttle, and one of the screens was a camera with a target right in the middle of the screen. The screen with the camera and target had a protruding, leathery joint beneath it, and that joint had a red button on top. I figured that the screen, joint, and button were the ship's main firing controls, so I kept that in mind.