Chapter One-Hundred-Sixteen

Author's Note: Nira's POV

 "Open your cockpit." The loud mechanical voice of the stormtrooper commander called. Leia glanced quickly at the control panel, located the blue button, and pressed it. The glass shielding us from the First Order's officials began to raise, and I stood with it, prepared to protect Leia. 

_____

 All of the stormtroopers were tense but loosened up and began to look around after realizing who was in the cockpit, confused on which procedure to follow.

I looked at all of them. I was confident that none of them would harm Leia or I. A voice suddenly jolted out at me and I jumped but did not show my growing nerves or fear. 

"Nira!" 

I looked in the direction of the powerful feminine voice and identified President Edroth, who stood a good distance away from the stormtroopers. I simply stared at her. 

"What have you brought back to our base?" Edroth called, sounding quite surprised. 

"I have with me General Leia Organa of the Resistance, ma'am. She's hear to speak with Kylo Ren." I explained with a strong tone. General Hux raised his hands in disbelief and scoffed next to the President. 

"Did you receive permission to do this?" President Edroth questioned. I froze before answering. 

" . . . No." I slowly replied. I could see Edroth tilt her head to the side in confusion. "Then why, Nira, have you done this?" 

"Because I saw it necessary." I paused, and then finished, "I am going to bring the general to Kylo Ren now." 

The ladder was extended down to the base's floor. I began to climb down when Edroth voiced, "You will do no such thing." 

I stopped descending the steps to look at the president. Her hands were balled up into angry fists, her arms were stiff by her sides, and her shoulders were tense. Her face showed none of her internal fury, however, 

"I actually . . . I will, actually." 

I knew that defying the president was a very risky play on my part but if I wanted General Organa to see Kylo Ren then I knew it would have to be done. It's not like I was immediately resolving to violence, I was just not following orders. Of the president. 

"I will give you one more chance to climb back up the ladder, buckle yourself in, and fly the general back to the Resistance's base. You can have a moment to make up your mind." Edroth called out. She did an excellent job of concealing most of her anger from her tone of voice. 

I stood still on the ladder for a few seconds. All I had to do to avoid confrontation was scale quickly back up two rungs of the ladder. I could also finish the descent down and completely resist the president's orders. 

I had made up my mind. I released my hands from the sides of the metal ladder and pushed myself off, hopping the short distance to the ground. I slowly turned to face the stormtroopers but looked past them to the president, who looked quite enraged. 

"I'm sorry, President Edroth, but that is something I just can't do." 

She immediately shouted, "Stop them!" 

In a matter of two seconds, the stormtroopers raised their blasters, and in response I raised a palm and shot a force field of electricity around the entirety of the ship. The stormtroopers began firing because they hadn't even realized there was a force field yet. Their shots rebounded, nailing them in the chest, legs, arms, and head. Several of the unlucky stormtroopers were catapulted backwards, dead.