Chapter Eighty-Six

(Author's Note: I freaking love that picture I added.)

I slowly realized a petrifying fact about the base, and got the nerve to voice it to Kylo Ren.

I forced out in a yell, "Kylo Ren, there's no door!"

_____

Horror and fear washed over me in the form of an intangible, freezing tidal wave.

There was no visible entrance into the enemy base. Kylo Ren and I were staring at a plain, black, impenetrable mountain. All hope drained from me.

If there was no entrace, how were we going to rescue the power box?!

Our troops behind us were dying and the enemy army's numbers were only growing. Time was running out.

I looked frantically around, tryin gto locate some sort of entrance, but my endeavors came up short. I looked at Kylo Ren with wide eyes in hope of some solution, but he was standing perfectly still with upright posture and no tension visible.

At first, I was confused by his strange stature -- he was too calm, seeing the situation we were in. And then I became outraged. He wasn't worried in the slightest, and his people were dying behind him!

"Kylo Ren!" I scolded loudly over the sounds of gunfire and screaming behind us. He did not reply, which only enraged me further. How could he stand like this, completely cool and collected, knowing that his army was losing a significant battle behind him?! Not only was our army at stake, but our base's protection was at risk as well -- if Kylo Ren and I failed to retrieve the power box then The First Order's base could be left nearly defenseless. It would be entirely our fault, and that's why we had to act!

"Kylo Ren!" I desperately screamed, but still no reply.

I stared at him, unable to keep the crazed look off of my face.

Suddenly, he moved.

Kylo Ren walked quickly towards me and bent down so I could hear him.

"I just located a secret entrace using The Force. That's why I was in such a deep trance." He explained his strange actions hurriedly.

"Oh. Sorry." I quickly apologized, before adding, "Where is it?!"

He nodded, confirming that he was fine with how anxious I had acted, turned away from me, and raised his palm towards a heap of actual brown rocks -- not hidden human warriors. 

Kylo Ren then used The Force to lift the pile of rocks aside. They fell to the ground with a booming crash. I looked towards the battlefield to see if anyone had noticed that Kylo Ren and myself were successful breaking in. 

They had definitely noticed.

The entire enemy army was staring at Kylo Ren and I, almost in a curious manner -- several of them were killed by stormtroopers for not actively paying attention to the war. 

Kylo Ren and I could barely make out the location of the enemy warriors among the mass of stormtroopers because of how well their camouflage blended in with the surroundings. Even though they were standing, moving, and fighting, it was still difficult to pick their figures out of the horizon.

I could barely see it happening, but one of the enemy warriors began charging at us. My eyes widened in fear as several others copied the first and began running at us, as well. 

My feet felt glued to the ground. My head was blank, and I felt like I was certainly going to throw up. 

I faintly sensed Kylo Ren grab my wrist and forcefully tug it. I stumbled in his direction, but caught myself before I could fall and began sprinting at his pace.