Chapter Ninety-Four

(Author's Note: This chapter is in Kylo Ren's point of view. Please recall that Nira had just walked into the meeting in which Kylo Ren had summoned her to.)

I stared straight ahead at the plain grey wall through my mask. The door had opened and Nira had entered. It was so difficult for me not to look at her. 

I couldn't show the slightest bit of interest towards Nira in front of anyone. If anyone found out about the intimacy of our relationship we would both instantly be endangered. I couldn't risk that. Although I wanted to look at her because we were both safe (for the time being) and because I love her, I couldn't. If our relationship were discovered, I would possibly never see her again. I would never risk not seeing Nira again for one glance. 

I know that a simple look in her direction doesn't seem like much, but the slightest hint at anything could arouse suspicion. There are also people like General Hux who would report anything just to avenge the unjustified offense he has that he feels I am responsible for. 

I just missed her so much. I missed being safe with her. 

Nira sat down at the opposite end of the table next to one of The First Order's governmental representatives. From behind my mask, I glanced at her without moving my head. 

She looked as beautiful as ever. Her burns seemed to be healing well, both on her chest and on her scalp. Her hands were folded tightly in her lap so I couldn't get a good view of her fingertips. 

Just seeing her scars ignited a fire of rage in me that was stronger than the flame that had injured her. 

As soon as I saw Nira after her torture, in The Execution's base, I knew that the man that hurt Nira was going to feel pain. 

I was going to bring him pain. 

Anyways, The First Order's government representative introduced herself and the meeting commenced. 

"I am Senator Bakar and I will be leading this meaning concerning Nira's performance on the battlefield. We will begin with a discussion and end with questions. It should be brief. Kylo Ren, will you begin?" The Senator asked, looking pointedly at me. I nodded. 

"I thought that Ms. Leven handled the situation very well. She complied to every order I gave her, acted well under pressure, and did not reveal any of The First Order's information." 

"Like she had any to give up." Hux scoffed snidely. 

"Do not interrupt me, you imbecile." I instructed, slowly looking at him. He gave me a small smirk in return. I ignored him, and continued to speak about Nira's performance. 

"She proved that she has incredible fighting skills and is able to endure incredible levels of physical pain and still persevere through the mission. If she would not have been able to perform as she did, she, I, Kubos, or Kespia may be dead. She demonstrated excellent use of her electricity, outstanding intelligence, and showed us the amazing lengths she can go to in order to succeed." I finished my speech, looking directly at the Senator. 

"Good. Any questions?" Senator Bakar asked, surveying the table. 

"How can we be sure that everything you claim is correct, Ren?" Hux immediately spoke up. 

"What are you trying to say?" I challenged, now directing my menacing attention towards Hux. I knew how much my mechanically altered voice intimidated him and I was glad to use it to intimidate him. 

"I'm trying to say that I think you could be exaggerating how well Nira did because you were her mentor and if she did well then it makes you look much better." He explained his rude question daringly.