Chapter Sixteen

I couldn't fall asleep for hours. The only thing I could think about was what had just happened. I could only think about the feeling of his lips on me, his gentle touch, and how much I wanted more but how genuinely scared of him I was.

My thoughts on Kylo Ren were a puzzle that it seemed I would never be able to complete. 

_____

***

I awoke the next morning on my back. I must've turned over in my sleep. 

I opened my eyes slowly and looked to my left. Kylo Ren was not there. I stretched and made myself sit up, blinking a few times to get my eyes actually working. 

I looked over again and saw there was a piece of paper on the nightstand addressed to me. I opened it and began reading. 

'Nira, 

There is a clock installed on the panel by the door. Change into the outfit my attendant hung on the bathroom door. Every day your training will begin at ten. That is the time I will be here to collect you.

- Kylo Ren'

I set down the paper and forced myself to get up. I walked over to the panel on my tired legs and checked the time. It was 9:45 in the morning. Shit. I have fifteen minutes to get ready, I thought, rushing over to the bathroom to start. 

I brushed my teeth and hair and changed into the simple outfit that had been given to me; another pair of the skin-tight pants, a tight black t-shirt, the same utility belt, and the same combat boots. 

I was ready to go two minutes before Kylo Ren was scheduled to arrive. He walked in the cell right on the dot, at 10:00 a.m, fully suited in his armor and helmet. 

I was sitting on the bed. I stood up and looked at him expectantly. "Follow me." He ordered, turning out of the room again. 

I struggled to walk at his brisk pace but I didn't let it show. I was severely out of shape after living off of zero physical exertion and nutrition discs for over a month. 

We had to go through one of the transporters to get to where I'd be trained. Our bodies were crammed together in the tight space and I couldn't help but wonder what he thought about last night. I avoided looking at his mask. 

It was a short walk to the training arena. We walked in together and I was immediately intimidated. 

It was a big room with white walls. The right side of the room had black mats covering the floor. On the right wall were racks with various weapons hanging from them (I recognized zero); next to the rack was a dummy. On the wall on the side of the room with the door was a target and the other wall was a giant window that stretched from floor to ceiling, wall to wall. The left side of the room had plain black floors, various machines that I didn't recognize, and a shelf filled with dumbbells. Next to the door was a desk with a clipboard on it. The room was well-lit and put me into awe. 

"Your training today will consist of beginner's weightlifting and combat. You're extremely weak and are most likely far below average in combat training. Therefore, the first part of your training will be attempts at getting you up to par in these two categories." He explained, not worrying at all if I offended by his crude and honest comments.

Kylo Ren removed his mask and pulled down his hood. He then lead me through a series of stretches and all the while I was wondering what was going through his mind. 

Does he even know what went on last night? Does he even care?? I wondered. What if I had been played? Was that even a viable definition of what had happened seeing as I was halfway petrified by fear throughout the entire series of events?