Chapter Forty-Three

(Author's Note: Like that Knights of Ren compilation I put up there ;)

His lightsaber ignited by his side.

This is it, I thought nervously, yet also calmly, this is life or death.

_____

All was silent except for the eerie humming of Kylo Ren's pernicious lightsaber. I watched from cracks between the pipes with much anticipation. If Kylo Ren didn't win this battle, I was going to be in a bit of trouble. 

The Knights of Ren hadn't made any motions yet. Their designated speaker then did his job once again. 

"This is your last chance, Kylo Ren. All of your treachery can be easily forgiven if you just hand over the girl." The one in the middle spoke. My heart spiked at the mention of myself. 

Kylo Ren was motionless. 

"Walk behind those pipes and bring her out to us. We will grant you easy passage back into the Knights of Ren." The leader spoke, and my worst fears were confirmed. Kylo Ren had hidden me from plain sight, but these warriors were much too skilled to be fooled by lack of vision. 

Several seemingly-endless seconds passed where I honestly wasn't sure what Kylo Ren was going to do. 

He wouldn't simply hand me over to the people he left and desert The First Order!, I exclaimed in my head. 

You don't know what he's truly capable of when his life is on the line, I serenely argued myself. 

He then wordlessly swung his lightsaber in a circular shape and frighteningly aggressive way.

He had chosen me over the Knights of Ren. 

Excitement filled me but only for a nanosecond; I realized that he might very likely be slaughtered. A look of horror dawned upon my face involuntarily and my throat constricted. My chest felt like it was imploding and I felt like I was free falling. 

"Very well." The speaker of the Knights of Ren sounded disappointed, and a little bit disgusted. 

The black-helmeted men drew their weapons. All weaponry made extremely menacing sounds; whether it be a whir, click, or buzz. I peered through the pipes and was suddenly too scared to come out. 

Kylo Ren stood on one of the room, armed with his triple-bladed lightsaber, prepared to fight in an extremely dangerous battle. 

On the other side of the room stood nine men all dressed similiar to Kylo Ren, all with just as vile weapons, and all just as dangerous in battle. 

Nine to one. 

Nine of the Knights of Ren against one Kylo Ren. 

I couldn't watch it. I was so horrified and scared it was literally impossible for me to watch. But this situation was one of those sickening fear-inciting events where you couldn't take your eyes off of it. 

The Knights of Ren didn't slowly approach Kylo Ren or slowly prowl around him. It all happened so abruptly, rapidly, and aggressively. 

The black-armored Knights split down the middle. Half of them flew towards Kylo Ren and the other half jetted . . . Towards me. 

Kylo Ren leaped towards the pipes and lashed out his lightsaber towards one of the Knights that was coming towards me. It cleanly sliced through one of their waists and there was a horrendous choking sound that followed. There was no time for any victorious feeling because the rest were advancing and would reach me within nanoseconds.