Chapter Eighty-Eight

(Author's Note: This chapter is in Kylo Ren's point of view.)

I was so sure that it would've been okay -- that going into the room would've brought Nira and myself closer to the power box. I was so certain of my decision to follow the map.

I was entirely positive that those plans were accurate, and not falsely forged by a secret enemy. 

I was wrong. 

As soon as I entered the room I knew of the mistake I had made. I looked around at all of the warriors and cold horror washed over me slowly. 

Knowing that I had put Nira in immediate danger was the most horrible fact I was ever forced to accept. I was in agony knowing that it was my fault. 

I don't make mistakes often. This was one of those very few times where I, Kylo Ren, was the one who messed up. I had endangered the only person I loved, potentially ruined the entire mission to rescue the power box, and gotten myself and Nira kidnapped by the enemy. 

I knew we would both be tortured for information. Senator Shihan claimed that his only goal was to take down The First Order and he had the leader of the organization and one of the higher-ups in captivity -- why would he not? 

I knew they would get nothing out of me. I had faith in Nira that she would not spill out any of our secrets, even though she barely knew any of them. I knew she was strong, physically and mentally. 

They weren't going to get anything. Nira and I are both important individuals involved in The First Order for a reason -- we are strong. An organization like The First Order would not have weak leaders that could easily have information tortured out of them. We are both strong-willed individuals, and I was confident that neither of us would give in to The Execution's demands.

I thought through all of this very quickly as we walked down the hallway. Nira was ahead of me, being handled by five separate guards. I was being escorted by even more guards -- The Execution must have deemed me more threatening than Nira. 

I felt so much regret and guilt. I had directly put Nira and myself in this situation. It was entirely my fault!

I was also feeling quite angry at myself -- you know, the kind of angry that I could barely control and that wanted to burst out of me in an explosion of The Force. I knew that wasn't a good idea, however; I had to take deep breaths to keep myself from erupting with rage. 

The convoy of guards turned us down a hallway. I easily located the doors that lead into our holding cells. I got the sudden urge to say one last thing to Nira. 

"Nira!" I frantically called out as my guards turned into my room. They began pulling me across the threshold, but I struggled to remain in the hallway. I grunted with physical exertion (they were so strong), and saw Nira turn to face me. She, also, was being yanked into her room, but was resisting only to listen to me. 

"I'm sorry." I forced out. My deep, mechanical voice was clearly projected across the hallway, and I knew that Nira had heard my words.

My guards viciously ripped me across the threshold and thrust me into the room. I fell across the floor, and felt anger immediately fill me. I froze, on the floor, because I knew that if I wouldn't have done so I would've killed whichever guard had thrown me onto the floor, putting Nira and myself into more danger.

I took a moment to look around the holding cell, and found that it was extremely similar to the one back on The First Order's base. It was a blank room, with a grey floor and grey walls. There were three plain black chairs against the wall to the left of the white sliding door. In the middle of the room was a diagonal metael slate with restraints that were obviously used for holding victims upright.