Chapter Ninety

(Author's Note: Sorry for the long recap, but I wanted to make sure you guys remember it. Also, this chapter is in Kylo Ren's point of view.)

"You have three chances to answer what I am about to ask you, Kylo Ren." Shihan began pacing back and forth in front of me, "I would advise you to answer while you have chances left."

He suddenly stopped pacing only to turn and look me right in the eyes.

"Where is the entrance to the main air duct?"

My mind began immediately whirling at full power.

The main air duct reaches every room in the base. No matter what compartment, hallway, or cell you are in on the base, there is a small opening that leads to a small air duct. The air ducts in the base are spaced out thoroughly and strategically, and are all connected to the main air duct in some way. The main air duct branches out to small air ducts, which branch out to even smaller air ducts.

Everyone in the base breathes the air that flows from the main air duct.

Senator Shihan wants to poison the air in the base.

_____

I remained silent, of course. I didn't care what they would do to me if I didn't reveal anything about The First Order to them. The Execution and Senator Shihan could torture me until I died for all I cared; I just wanted to protect my people.

Everything I do may seem ruthless and acts of pure evil, but really I do it all for the prosperity of my organization. How I run things may seem violent, but they definitely lead to successful outcomes. If I were a weak leader then I wouldn't be any leader at all.

I was horrified by his brilliant plan, however. If Shihan were to get his hands on the air duct plans and poison the base's air, it would surely mean that The First Order would fall.

Of course, some people would escape. Some may be evacuated. Something in The Execution's plan may go wrong and there may be no poisoning at all. That's only looking on the bright side, though.

On the other hand, everything could go wrong. The poison could spread and kill quickly and there could be no survivors. The poison could spread quickly and kill slowly so that the innocent civilians of my organization would be forced to die a slow, horrid death.

I couldn't let that happen. I was confident that there was no way they were getting the air duct plans from me.

"Alright, I asked you once and you chose not to answer. You have three strikes, as I've told you; now you only have two." Shihan began, resuming his irritating pacing in front of me. I followed him with my eyes, watching his every move with much suspicion.

He came to a stop and turned towards me. "Where is the main air duct in The First Order's base?" He demanded.

I continued to glare him down. This is going to be a quick interrogation, and we are both aware of that, I thought hurriedly, now scrambling for a stroke of genius on any way to escape the torture that would surely followed the questioning.

Shihan sighed in disappointment and shook his head. He put both of his hands behind his back and began pacing again.

"I don't know why you would rather be tortured than tell me the whereabouts of The First Order's main air duct. How do you even know we're going to do anything? You're going to be tortured, Kylo Ren! It's not worth it!" Shihan attempted to convince me to reveal the location of the air duct.

"I would much rather be tortured than be responsible for the death of millions of people. It's worth staying loyal to my organization and to my people until I die. It's worth not giving you the satisfaction of being able to commit genocide." I spat with disgust at the Senator.