Chapter Fifty

(Author's Note: This chapter is in Nira's point of view.)

"Nira, could you help me?" Kylo Ren called from behind the bathroom door after a moment's hesitation. I stood up from the bed where I had been seated and reluctantly walked to the bathroom door.

I walked in and looked at him. Even I could see how much stress and discomfort his tight shirt was putting him through. I immediately stepped towards Kylo Ren. "What do you need?" I offered, trying to keep my tone monotonous.

"Just grab the edges and lift them over my wounds. Be gentle." He instructed me in that sweet-and-sour voice of his. I gingerly pinched the hem of the shirt, pulled it away from his body, and lifted it upwards.

Kylo Ren groaned as the shirt dragged up his body and I immediately stopped, letting the clothing smack back against his torso, which only induced more painful sounds from him.

"I'm sorry!" I apologized quickly in a high-pitched voice, raising my hands to my mouth in surprise and horror.

"Nira, help take the shirt off! Please!" He begged in a strained and irritated voice. I, again, tenderly grabbed the shirt and lifted it up his body. This time I ignored the winces that emerged from him, and I didn't acknowledge the shudders that rippled through his body. Kylo Ren didn't order me to stop undressing him, so I didn't.

Finally, he raised his arms above his head and I pulled the shirt completely off of him. That left most of his muscular and damaged torso exposed to me -- a thick sheet of stained white bandages wrapped around the lower half of his abdominal muscles.

"Cut away the bandages." He shakily instructed; he had been put through so much ache only through taking his shirt off that his voice quivered with weakness. I hated helping Kylo Ren because it was obvious how much torture he was enduring, but I knew that it was necessary for me to continue aiding him.

He handed me a small dagger that had been resting on the counter. I took it in my palm, immediately feeling all confidence drain from me. "I've never used one of these." I stuttered, looking up at him expectantly.

Kylo Ren looked down into my bland eyes with his gorgeously unique ones. "You're going to use one now."

I sucked in a deep breath and gently began sawing away a small strip of the bandaging. I then continued cutting, making larger jagged strips as I went down the bandage. I was extremely cautious so I wouldn't accidentally slit into him. The entire white gauze finally slipped from his body and fell to the floor.

His entire torso was then revealed to me. Kylo Ren was a horrifying rainbow of injury -- black, blue, purple, yellow, green, brown, red. Kylo Ren also hadn't lost any muscle since I'd last seen him shirtless. I was mesmerized in a horrific, yet attracted, gaze by his severely battered and athletically carved abdomen.

"Nira, I still need assistance." Kylo Ren spoke quietly. He sounded slightly ashamed. I looked from his torso to his eyes, but he was intensely focused on the wall to my right. "With what?" I asked, willing to do anything to ease his pain.

"My pants." He spit out quickly. I slowly looked down to his black pants that clung to his brawny legs. My willingness slipped away, unsurprisingly.

"Okay." I indirectly replied to him, but really I was assuring myself that I could do this.

I gripped the sides of his pants, and just before I coaxed them down his legs, I stopped in my tracks. "Kylo Ren . . . Why do you need help with this?" I questioned suspiciously.

"I can't bend down." He stated. There was a hint of embarrassment hidden behind his blank words and Kylo Ren's vision remained on the wall to my right. He refused to look at me.