Chapter Eighty-Seven

I had never been more scared in my entire life.

Suddenly, a tall, slim, tan man emerged from the ginormous group of warriors. He stood in front of us for several moments, as if letting the panic and suspense rise in both Kylo Ren and I.

Then a wide grin spread across his face, and he began to speak.

_____

The man stretched his arms out at his sides, maintained the mock grin, and said in a booming voice, "Welcome! I am Senator Shihan, the leader of this civilization and your guide while you stay here."

He let his arms drop to his sides, but his grin did not drop off of his face. I didn't know whether to be disgusted or afraid.

"I can't believe we actually have the incredible Kylo Ren in the house! How delightful to have such all-powerful company!" He exclaimed in a pleased tone, staring at Kylo Ren. Kylo Ren was silent, and glared him down. I didn't know if Kylo Ren was scared or not, but I didn't really want to know. I just pretended, for my own sake, that he wasn't.

I doubt he would ever be scared of anything, though.

Shihan then turned to me. "And the upcoming legend, Nira Leven! I've heard a lot about you in the past few months. I, of course, am already familiar with the amount of power you truly have. Perhaps you don't remember me, but you will once I explain myself! Come on out, let's see you!"

I was petrified. I couldn't move.

"Don't be shy!" Shihan cooed. He began walking towards us -- well, walking towards me. When he got five feet away and was still headed towards me, Kylo Ren quickly moved me farther behind his body, further shielding me from the strange man.

I wasn't sure if protecting me more was the best move that Kylo Ren could've made, but it was what he did, and I would have to deal with it.   

I continued to look over his shoulder. 

Immediately upon noticing Kylo Ren increase the barrier between Shihan and I, Shihan ceased progression towards me. His grin flew off of his features and he raised an eyebrow in confusion. He began speaking and looked at both Kylo Ren and I while he spoke.

"Wait . . . What is going on here? Why are you . . ." A look of surprise and comprehension dawned onto his face. 

"Kylo Ren." Shihan started, his grin bursting back onto his face. 

All was silent. My heart was pounding in my chest so hard that I was sure Kylo Ren could feel it through his armor -- I pressed my body further into his back. I was terrified. 

Kylo Ren stood tall, motionless, and wordless. I was so impressed by his solitude and menacing stature. I no longer wondered why he was such a perfect suite for the position of the leader of The First Order -- Kylo Ren shares so many characteristics with his organization. Both Kylo Ren and The First Order itself are intimidating, brave, strong, merciless, dominating, and bullies. 

Shihan paused for several moments, allowing his sneer to grow. "You two are -- you two -- you're together?" He questioned, squinting and cocking his head in disbelief. 

Kylo Ren and I both didn't move a muscle. I felt the danger levels in the situation rise when this discovery was made. 

Senator Shihan busted out in laughter, and so did several of his employees throughout the room. I was surrounded by threatening, raucous laughter. I wasn't sure whether I should've felt fearful or humiliated. I turned my head this way and that, and all I saw were the rows and rows of employees extending backwards for what seemed like a mile. They were in every direction, each employee looking more muscular and terrifying than the last. All of them were laughing at Kylo Ren and I.