Chapter One-Hundred-and-Two

Author's Note: Nira's POV . . . Recap -- Much to Kylo Ren's dislike, Nira was taken by The Resistance. 

P.S. The picture I posted is SO HOT... I'm just gonna pretend the chick is me lol ;)

I was on my knees with my behind rested on my heels and my shins pressed to the ground. My hands were still cuffed behind my back and one of the cold, metallic rods that prohibited my electricity was wrapped around my neck. I let my head fall down and my hair fell in front of me so it shielded my face from my enemies. 

The ship was cold and it's steel bruised my knees. The floor rumbled beneath me, creating an even more uncomfortable experience. The cuffs around my wrists were creating blisters and the rod was too tight around my throat. 

Unlike when I was taken by The Execution, I was not kept in a cage. Two guards that were obviously Resistance stood on either side of me and behind me. I didn't dare look up at them. 

I felt dumb and defeated. Kylo Ren was right. I shouldn't have battled. Even though I did camouflage myself, I was easily picked out and taken by the enemy. I guess I just hadn't expected them to have a device that inhibited my electricity. 

I should have listened to him!, I thought angrily, This is my fault. Entirely my fault. I wouldn't have been taken if I would have listened to Kylo Ren. And who knows what these people are going to do to me once I'm back on their base? I killed plenty of their troops during the battle -- they could easily consider me an enemy. These people have reasons to hurt me. 

I felt empty and like there was no way out. I wasn't sure if the officials of The First Order would allow for a rescue mission. I didn't know if they even wanted to sacrifice their stormtroopers and ships, especially now that I wasn't a squadron leader. I was barely useful to The First Order, so I had much doubt that they would send help to me even if Kylo Ren did threaten them.

I was confident that Kylo Ren would try his best to get a search party sent out for me. I knew it. Although I was scared that he would be very angry at me for disobeying him and taking part in the fight, I knew that he wouldn't give up on me. 

Finally I sensed the ship hitting land beneath it. The crew began to get up and around and the ramp descended, allowing sunlight to stream into the dark ship. 

The guards yanked me to my feet, causing me to jump. I lifted my head and blinked twice because the light was so bright. Then, I surveyed my surroundings. 

The Resistance's base was just as I had remembered it. Concrete ground with trees lined and sneaked into creaks in the concrete. Small huts dotted the landscape and ships of all sizes, shapes, and purposes were visible in every direction I turned my head. People were moving in all different directions, but as my guards walked me through the campus, many slowed their paces to give me a disdainful glare. 

I ignored the glares, terrified countenances, and disgusted faces. I kept walking and surveying the area. The guards both kept one tight hold on my upper arm. 

Finally we reached a short building built of dark grey stone. The guards walked me through the doors and immediately to the left. I couldn't get a good glimpse of anything because of how dark the unlit, windowless corridor was. 

They suddenly thrust me to the left and over a threshold. I tumbled to the ground. The stormtrooper armor made my collision with the dirt floor sound metallic. I looked back up at the guards only to see them slide a black door shut, locking me into the darkness. 

A few moments after the door shut, a small light on the ceiling flickered on. I took in my bland surroundings.

The floor was made of dirt and the walls were made of some miscellaneous, black substance. There was nothing really else in the room except for myself, a wooden chair in the corner of the room closest to the door, and the light hanging from the ceiling.