Chapter One-Hundred-Twelve

Having those normal conversations killed me. Every lightly spoken word was a lightsaber to my gut, a knife to my heart.

I knew that Kylo Ren was facing serious internal emotional pain, and for him to act like everything was simply grand tore me apart.

_____

We made our way to the Dining Hall, and the entire way I couldn't help myself from giving him wary glances. I was expecting some sort of emotional outburst. 

No matter how evil and corrupt he may be, Kylo Ren is still a human. Humans have emotional ties and overwhelming feelings that simply cannot be neglected. 

I knew that Kylo Ren would need closure with General Organa. I figured he would pretend that our small confessional interaction never occurred. Kylo Ren would most likely continue on with his life and pretend that I didn't know about his internal struggle. He would shove the feelings back, focus on his work, and pretend he couldn't care less about what his mother's thoughts on him were. 

I knew that I, as his partner, had to help him through this. I had an idea of how to help but it was risky -- very risky. I was extremely worried about what the outcome of this idea would be. I was too scared to even think about it at that moment. I put it in the back of my mind, but I did not forget it. 

We entered the Dining Hall, got our food, and made our way up to the Supreme Dining table. General Hux was, for the first time, absent from lunch. 

But not for long. 

Minutes after Kylo Ren and I arrived he walked around the edge of the table, delicately placed his tray down, and sat. Hux gave us both a quick disgusted glance before he began consuming his meal. 

"Kylo Ren -- " Hux began after a few short moments of peace, but Kylo Ren was quick to cut him off. 

"I am not in the mood for your antics, Hux. Keep your eyes down and mouth closed." Kylo Ren spoke through his mask. His deep, mechanical voice resounded above all of the chatter in the massive hall. 

Hux raised an eyebrow as if to challenge Kylo Ren. Kylo Ren maintained a glare with Hux for several moments, as if they were establishing dominance. 

"Look . . . Away." Kylo Ren said lowly and threateningly. He then raised a gloved hand above the table, pointed his fingers at Hux, and clearly manipulated the Force to make Hux's head rotate and face his lap. 

Kylo Ren released the First Order general. Hux continued to silently eat his discs, but there was no sense of an intimidated aura around him. Hux was obviously bitter and angry. 

Hux looked up only moments after Kylo Ren had released him with a fresh anger in his eyes. 

"How dare you communicate with the Resistance, you lying, manipulative, back-stabbing traitor!" The red-head seethed in a furious whisper. 

Kylo Ren abruptly stood up, and I watched as Hux flinched away before taking a moment to regain his angry posture and countenance. 

"The only way I would ever betray the First Order is by killing a general or two." Kylo Ren quickly stated. He then made his way off of the extravagant table and out of the Dining Hall. I glanced at Hux, and then at Kylo Ren. I stood up and followed Kylo Ren out of the hall. 

_____

Kylo Ren's point of view

Hours had passed since the run-in with Hux at lunch. I hadn't had to worry about how I will vote for the treaty because I've had the decision ready for quite a while. The conference was only in a few short minutes.