Chapter Fifty-Four

I fell asleep minutes later, worried about my new job but mainly feeling quite blessed and peaceful because Kylo Ren's body was touching all of mine and it was pure bliss. 

_____

 "Nira. Wake up." A deep and mechanized voice spoke to me.

My eyes flew open and my heartbeat immediately accelerated. I looked up and saw Kylo Ren. He was wearing his mask and armor. "What? Is something wrong?" I exclaimed, sitting up quickly. 

"No. We're training soon and you need to be ready." With that, he walked away. All of my worry dismissed after he left the bedside. 

My training with Kylo Ren passed by very good -- well, the weight training always sucked, but Kylo Ren and myself both noticed obvious improvement in the combative department. 

Finally Kylo Ren announced the end of our training session for that day. He then began to explain my plans for the day to me. 

He took off his helmet and held the bottom of it with two curled fingers. I turned my attention from his beautiful hands to his even more beautiful face. My vision's trail lingered at his thick, lush lips for just a moment before looking up to his shadowed eyes.

"We're going to the Lunch Hall, Nira. I know that you've eaten all meals alone in a cell for your entire stay at The First Order, but it's only because I didn't deem you ready to face the other citizens. The Lunch Hall is where everyone eats. Of course, different people have different lunch schedules, but regardless, you must prepare yourself to have a few strange encounters in the Lunch Hall." 

He then fit his helmet back onto his head and added in his deep electronic voice, "Your job will commence immediately following lunch." 

Kylo Ren then turned and strode towards the door. I followed him closely behind. We took a transporter to get to the Lunch Hall. 

Directly after the doors to the transporter slid open, my ears were greeted by a variety of sounds. I exited the transporter after Kylo Ren and looked to my right and left. 

We had arrived in a wide, long hallway with grey floors and white walls. On one side of the hallway were several transporters. Across from each transporter, in the adjacent wall, was a single set of black doors. Several different people and other beings were exiting the transporters and entering the room beyond the doors. 

I began walking forward, my head still turning this way and that to get a good view at all of the beings walking by me. I was abruptly stopped. I realized that I had bumped into Kylo Ren as I slightly stumbled backwards. 

Kylo Ren turned around to face me and leaned towards me. "Nira. I want you to stay close to my side. Don't let anyone touch you and if anyone speaks to you, do not respond. Do you understand?" He asked. I looked straight into the eyes of his helmet and nodded. I felt much more unsafe after his discomforting words. 

Kylo Ren turned towards the doors and confidently strode towards them. I swallowed, braced myself for the worst, and quickly hurried after him. 

The doors slid open and we walked in. Setting in several places in each wall were large slots that resembled the one in Kylo Ren's room where I got my food. Lines of hundreds of different unique beings were stacked up against the slots. I watched as a man reached into a slot, pulled a tray full of food from it, and walked off towards his table. 

There were ten large rectangular tables that extended from one wall to the other in the massive room. On the far side of the room was a black platform that rose above all of the tables. On the platform was a small black table that looked as if it could hold maybe twenty people -- the ten large other tables looked as if they could hold two hundred each.