Chapter One-Hundred-and-Five

Author's Note: Nira's POV

The last thing I saw was Kylo Ren wave his hand in the air, the exact way he did before General Organa was rendered unconscious.

Then a sudden warmth washed over me, like a heated blanket. Darkness filled my vision and I knew that I was unconscious too.

_____

*****

I felt myself slowly drift into consciousness. I opened my eyes slowly and was blinded by a bright, bright light. 

A minute later my vision had adjusted and the light didn't seem so bright. I realized I was lying on top of a small white bed and I was located in a bland room with white walls, black counters against one wall, and metal cupboards above the counters. A single, sleek, black metallic chair sat by my bed to my right.

At that point I was too afraid to get out of the bed and find out where I was at. Not knowing where in the universe you were was quite a strange sensation, however. 

I didn't know what had happened after Kylo Ren had used The Force to knock me out. 

And yeah, Kylo Ren had used The Force to knock me out! Had our relationship not progressed at all since we met? Every single time I thought he was past those immature, betraying moves he pulled another on me and took complete advantage over me!

But that was a different topic. At that moment, lying on the white bed, I was more concerned with the fact that I had been knocked out in the middle of one of the most dangerous situations in my life and I woke up safely in a bed in a room I did not recognize.  

I was out of the loop. I didn't know what happened or who took me, but I had to. I couldn't just sit in that bed and stay in the unknown. I had to know. I was impatient for answers. 

The door opened as if it had been reading my mind and saw that I needed answers. In walked Kylo Ren, and a lot of pieces of the puzzle I was trying to solve clicked into place. 

The First Order took me and won the battle, I quickly thought, trying to analyze my situation before anything else could happen, and I need to prepare for all of the questions that Kylo Ren is about to bombard me with. 

"Hello, Nira." His deep robotic voice resounded in my ears and I felt as if I could feel it's low vibrations rattle through the air. 

"Kylo Ren." I greeted nervously. I frequently glanced away from him and back. I was intimidated because I knew that I had possibly acted traitorous. 

He slowly sat down in the chair by my bed and looked at me. Kylo Ren's posture was so rigid and it just made him all the more subduing. 

"Are you feeling alright?" Every phrase that fell from the dark mask in the mechanically changed voice sounded like a statement. 

I nodded and gulped down the rising ball of anxiety in my throat. 

"Do you remember what happened while at the enemy's base?" Kylo Ren questioned. He did not move to lean closer to me, or to cock his head, or to adjust his hands. He was as still as a statue. 

I gazed into the air above my legs as if I were trying to remember. I bit my lip and shook my head while saying, "Um . . .,"

I was milliseconds from answering honestly when he interrupted me. "Several of my sources have reason to believe and guess that you were brainwashed. If you don't remember much, it's alright, Nira." 

I looked at him. My mouth was parted. Externally and physically, I was frozen. Internally, however . . .

My mind was racing with thoughts and options. I knew that my answer to his assumptions and reassurances could craft my future. I had to think about myself. In my situation, moral and honesty didn't matter.