Chapter Fifty-Three

(Author's Note: This chapter is in Nira's point of view.)

"Nira." 

I was then subconsciously awake, but too tired to open my eyes. I was only slightly aware of what was going on around me. 

"Nira." 

My eyes shot open and I quickly looked around until I found Kylo Ren. He was serenely gazing down at me. We were still in the bed together; we were in quite near proximity to each other, and I did not dislike our closeness at all. Once I discovered that it was him who had awaken me, I regained most of my fatigue.

"What?" I mumbled. My eyelids felt like they were about to collapse with exhaustion. 

"You have to get out of my bed." 

I waited a few moments before replying, giving my sleep mind time to process his words. "Why?" 

"Because the officials can't know of our relationship status." His static and creamy voice sounded in my ears. My eyelids slid to a close but I forced them open once again.

I took a deep breath through my nose. Then I sluggishly, reluctantly pushed myself off of the bed and into the chair next to it. A few questions arose from the depths of my weary mind due to his strange words. 

What even is our relationship status, and why can't anyone know about it? 

However, I didn't ask; I thought it'd be best if I kept my 'pestering' questions to myself. I put the word 'pestering' in quotations because the only person in the universe that those questions would 'pester' would be Kylo Ren.

I slumped downwards in the chair and struggled to keep my eyes open and keep myself conscious. "I have convinced one of the nurses to lead you back to my cell." Kylo Ren explained, gesturing towards the foot of his bed. I looked towards where he signaled and was jolted wide awake.

A man stood at the foot of his bed with his head slightly tilted to the side. The man blankly stared at the wall behind Kylo Ren's head. He was completely motionless. "Who is that?" I blurted out, glancing at Kylo Ren, and then looking back towards the absentminded man. 

Is he going to hurt us? Who is he? What's he doing here? Why did Kylo Ren have him here?

"He is a nurse. I have him somewhat hypnotized under The Force. All you must do is stand and he will take you to my cell." Kylo Ren clarified. I then turned back to face the charcoal-haired beaut.

"When will I see you again?" I asked, desperately hoping that I wouldn't have to wait long to be rejoined with him.

"Most likely after council centered around your new position. I think I will release myself from the infirmary just before the meeting, go attend the meeting, and then see you afterwards." Kylo Ren thought aloud, zoning off thoughtfully. 

"Six days?" I exclaimed in disbelief. The last time I hadn't seen Kylo Ren in six days was at the very beginning of my stay at The First Order.

"Yes, six days." He paused. His vision flickered towards the door, and then back to me. "Nira, you need to go now. The doctors will be here soon for my morning inspection." 

I stood up and the entranced nurse headed for the door. I was just about to (unwillingly) leave Kylo Ren and chase after the nurse when my departure was suddenly ceased; Kylo Ren had grabbed a tight hold on my hand. I whipped around to see him.

He clutched my hand in both of his large ones, completely encasing it. "Goodbye, Nira." He uttered, gazing into my surely bland eyes with his sumptuous obsidian ones.