Chapter Eighty-Five

"It's time." Kylo Ren quietly said. I looked up at him for only a few more seconds before turning back towards the unknown world in which my stolen powers lay.

We took our first steps down the ramp and entered the war.

_____

'War' would not be the proper label for what we walked into.

Kylo Ren and I descended, side by side, down the massive ramp from the ship. I hesitated for just a second before setting my foot cautiously onto the hard, dark brown, dirt ground. The ground was firm and a cloud of dust flew into the air when I stepped on it.

I looked up at Kylo Ren expectantly, waiting for an order of some sort; however, he was merely surveying the strange scene.

The sound of the stormtrooper's feet on the hard ground was quickly diminishing. There was no sound of gunfire and no hint of any fight whatsoever. The enemy army was absent and nowhere to be found. The stormtroopers stood in formation silently, awaiting the battle that simply refused to come.

All was silent. I curiously looked over The First Order's soldiers in wonder, and Kylo Ren voiced exactly what I was thinking.

"This is not right." He muttered. I nodded without looking up at him. Several eerie, suspenseful moments passed.

Pew!

My head whipped towards the sound of the gunfire, which came from the top of one of the massive piles of brown rock. There was no warrior to go with the shot fired, which made no sense at all.

"Who shot that?" I whispered fearfully.

My heart was pounding. This was my first-ever battle, and things were not looking too good for our side of it. Anonymous shootings? Dead silence? No opposing army?

I know that no conflict is better than a thriving war, but to have no conflict in this type of situation was ominous and flat out creepy.

"I don't know." Kylo Ren slowly answered my question. I could sense a bit of unease in his voice.

Pew! Pew!

"More shots." I commented alertly, not bothering to try and locate where the bullets originated from. The shots were two direct hits, and just like that, two stormtroopers were dead.

The First Order's entire army that had been brought was now restless; they stood in shaky formation, but were all searching the skies and mountains for any sight of the shooters. It was no longer silent. The sounds of worried chatter, the readying of weapons, and armored stormtrooper feet dashing around filled my ears.

Pew! Pew! Pew!

More dead troops. I finally looked up at Kylo Ren and exclaimed, "Are you going to do something?!"

Kylo Ren did not reply. He was intensely focused in some spot in the horizon.

"Kylo Ren!" I urged him to think of a plan or to come up with some course of action. The stormtroopers needed direction, and so did I. Kylo Ren was the director, and he was neglecting to respond to me.

I knew how desperate I must have looked, but I didn't care. The situation was too serious for Kylo Ren to be blocking us out for some Force-meditation, or whatever he was doing!

"Kylo Ren!" I cried out one more time, begging for some sort of answer. He, again, ignored my call for help.

Finally, after a long period of silence, he muttered, "Camouflage."

"What?" I asked in confusion, raising an eyebrow in frustration. Then, his seemingly-arbitrary mumbling made complete sense.

I slowly looked out into the rocky valley at the infinite stormtroopers that were placed in the middle of a trench surrounded by enemy snipers that were all camouflaged into the dark rock. I was utterly horrified.