Chapter Ninety-Two

(Author's Note: This chapter is in Nira's point of view. Enjoy :))

After several moments of Kubos prodding around the cell and Kespia and I maintaining an intense, slightly-threatening eye contact, Kubos quietly called, "It's alright."

Kespia glanced at him, nodded, and stepped out of the door. She seemed to be beckoning or signalling to someone. My hope was reignited.

She stepped back into the room, and into my cell came the one person I truly desired to see.

Kylo Ren.

_____

He froze when he saw me, and my breath caught in my throat when I saw him. He carried his mask in one hand, and I made eye contact with those beautiful brown eyes that I love so dearly. His brown hair gently shone in the dim lighting and cascaded down the sides of his scalp; his lips, parted slightly, were as perfectly rosy and plump as I recalled. 

I didn't know what to do; I knew that I had to wait for him to act, but I was so humiliated. I was disgusting. Horrendous. An atrocity. Impossible to look at.

Senator Shihan had burned all of my beauty away, and I was so afraid that Kylo Ren wouldn't accept me because of it. Therefore, I maintained wary eye contact with the man I loved and waited for him to make his move. 

"Can you move? Can you run?" He asked, and his question startled me along with how beautiful his unmasked voice was. We had been through so much trauma and stress recently that I had almost forgotten the bliss brought to my mind just by hearing the bitterly smooth sound of his voice. 

"Uh -- I -- I don't know. I haven't tested it." I answered shakily after recovering from the heavenly tones of his words. 

"Alright," Kylo Ren began, extending his palm and using The Force to quickly undo my restraints, "We'll just have to test it out, then." 

Kylo Ren then shifted sideways, suited his helmet onto his head, and looked at me expectantly. I tentatively stepped away from the slate and followed him into the hallway. Kylo Ren did not start off down the hallway at a walk, but instead bolted off at quite a timely rush. I followed in pursuit. The quiet sound of Kubos and Kespia's footfalls behind me reached my ears as well. 

We continued in this pattern -- Kylo Ren leading, myself in the middle, and the apprentice-siblings tailing -- for quite a while. We took several turns, stopped to check and see if the hallway was clear, and did not recede from the vicious pace that Kylo Ren had originally set. 

Eventually we reached a door. Kylo Ren halted before the door and carefully rested his hand on the lever that would open it. He turned back to the rest of us and whispered in his metallic voice, "When I open the door, spring through and be ready to attack whatever is lying on the other side. If there is a small number of enemies we should be able to take them down. If there is a large number of enemies we need to fight until we die because it would be better for us to be dead than recaptured."

I restrained my jaw from dropping, but I felt a dropping sensation in my stomach. 

These could be my last moments alive, I realized. Cold terror washed over my body and coated me.

If there is an entire army out there, I would rather die fighting than die from excessive torture, I bitterly thought. I clenched my fists with determination and prepared to face my downfall. 

Kylo Ren opened the door and we launched ourselves into the room. 

I felt a little bit bad for the single warrior that awaited us on the other side. Immediately upon our entrance, he was pulverized by a shock of lightning from myself and the powers of The Force from Kubos, Kespia, and Kylo Ren.