Chapter Eighty-Three

(Author's Note: I can't remember if I've used this picture or not buuuut it's hot so. Also, still in Nira's point of view.)

"Yes." Kylo Ren answered as if the answer were obvious. I struggled to catch up to him.

I didn't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing that I was coming on the expedition to rescue my own powers. I guess I was going to find out very soon.

_____

I was breathless with nervousness. I seriously didn't feel like I could breathe properly -- my chest felt compressed and my stomach felt completely empty except for the presence of fluttering, nausea-induced jitters. I couldn't stand to even think about the high intensity situation I had just been submerged into. 

I was going to be traveling on a dangerous expedition with Kylo Ren and a few select other fleets/squadrons to go and take back the base's force fields. 

I was entering a battle-like situation. 

I guess that means that I'm now . . . A warrior, I thought incredulously. 

"Nira, I'm going to need you to round up both Kubos and Kespia and get them down to the central hangar within the next few minutes. Can you do that?" Kylo Ren asked in a commanding, powerful voice as he continued to briskly stride down the corridor. I swallowed anxiously -- I could feel the self-confidence draining from me. I didn't think I could even do that simple task.

Nevertheless, I replied, "Yes, right away.", turned to my left, and entered a transporter. 

Once the door had slid shut and trapped me in the transportation device, I realized that I had no clue where to begin looking for either of the two new apprentices. 

I hesitantly placed my hand on the scanner pad and cautiously thought, Bring me to wherever Kubos and Kespia are right now.

I felt the machine begin moving and in seconds the doors opened. I exited into a separate hallway and observed that I had entered some sort of cell-complex. I wasn't in a biological cellular complex, but rather a housing-cell complex. I glanced down either ends of the hallway.

The floors were black and the walls were grey. Every five feet in the walls was a sliding door that I knew lead into an employee's quarters. 

So this is where Kespia and Kubos stay, I thought curiously. I wondered who else lived up there.

And how do I find which room is theirs in only two minutes?! And then get them back down to the hangar?!

I then spotted a guard turn down the hallway I was in and begin to progress towards me. I waved, and called out, "Can you help me find two people?"

He quickened his pace and was standing in front of me moments later. "What do you need?" He offered in a monotonous voice. 

This guard is willing to help me, I thought, completely shocked. I had been expecting him to question my motives, but instead he had immediately showed me that he wanted to help me. I rolled my shoulders back and held my chin high with a new significance -- I felt powerful. 

For some reason, knowing that this guard was obliged to aid me instilled a new sentiment of dominance in me. I felt like I was truly strong. 

"I need to find Kubos and Kespia within the next thirty seconds." I stated blandly, trying not to appear arrogant. The guard's eyes widened. "Right away, ma'am." He finally blurted in an shaky, worried voice. 

He turned on his heel and dashed away from me. 

Ma'am, I thought, mentally acknowledging what he had just referred to me as, that's new.