Chapter Twenty-Three

"Kylo Ren! The Resistance! They're coming for the girl!" A deep voice shouted from the semi-human shape that was bent over something. 

_____

Gunshots, screaming, and loud bangs were all that I could hear from the hologram. Kylo Ren stood still, and I watched as the shape of a gun was quickly pressed to the semi-human shape in the displayed screen. A loud bang sounded out from the hologram and the figure keeled over, dead.

My eyes were wide and my muscles hadn't fully recovered from our intense duel. My heart pounded as strong as a hammer and I looked up at Kylo Ren, expecting a plan of some sort. I was half horrified and half terrified, which wasn't exactly a pleasant mixture.

He didn't turn to look at me or speak to me. His black hair didn't ruffle one bit as he strode over to his armor and helmet. He put on the armor first, and then slipped on the helmet. He finally turned to me and exclaimed in his deep and resonating altered voice, "Go to that corner. Now!"

The fact that his mechanical voice (usually bland and monotonous) showed hints of obvious dread sent shivering waves of panic up and down my entire body. Kylo Ren was genuinely worried.

I immediately scrambled off my ass and ran to the back corner. I stood, unsure of what to do, but Kylo Ren acted quickly.

He used The Force and summoned every object in the room right in front of me; everything from the shelves, to the weights, to the weight-lifting machines, to the dummies.

There was one large square hole in his makeshift wall where, if I bent down and craned my neck, I could see the entire room. I was glad it was there. Now I would be able to see what went on.

I peered into the hole and watched as Kylo Ren turned away from me and stood with his head high and shoulders pressed back. His arms were slightly elevated away from his sides and he looked so . . . powerful. He faced the doors and waited.

Several minutes passed before I heard a faint thundering sound. The crashing sounds grew in volume and then they were close enough that I could make out the sound of several sets of feet stomping across the hall.

Fear filled me like it never had before. I was not ready to be abducted again. I had finally adjusted to my new life in The First Order. I couldn't be taken away again. My hope of remaining in The First Order shrunk when I was able to discern how many sets of footsteps were rapidly approaching. For some reason I felt like I was the size of a pebble. It felt like the world was crashing down on top of me and I couldn't stop it's destruction.

The door burst open suddenly and I simultaneously sucked in a deep breath. Ten, fifteen, twenty men cloaked heavily in white and orange armor filed in uniformly. They held up their guns and trained them at Kylo Ren.

All was silent except for my quiet breaths. Kylo Ren stood massively and with composure. He seemed unperturbed by the fact that twenty guns were aimed at several parts of his body. Behind the loads of fear stockpiled in my mind was a little piece of me that was quite impressed by the way he stood so confidently. Kylo Ren was not intimidated in the slightest.

In the middle of the line of The Resistance fighters, a voice shouted, "Fire!"

My fear spiked up hundreds of levels, but to my amazement, Kylo Ren was not immediately shot to death.

I couldn't even comprehend his moves because they were so fast but I'm guessing (based on the way that half of the fighters flew backwards into the wall behind them) that he'd used The Force with one hand while simultaneously whipping out his real, red, deathly lightsaber and began deflecting bullets with the other.

Three of the repelled bullets shot directly back into the chests of fighters. The other ten were knocked out cold against the wall. He was left with seven of the original twenty fighters after ten seconds of his domination. They all advanced rapidly towards him and I surprisingly found myself rooting for Kylo Ren.

I stared in awe at him. I was finally seeing my mentor in action, and it made me realize how far from his level I was.

I felt severe anxiety for him. He can't get hurt, I thought. I was really startled by the fact that I wanted Kylo Ren to emerge from this battle as victor. I tried to tell myself that I wanted him safe because if he wasn't I would get kidnapped again, but behind all the masks my mind tried to cover the truth with was the actual truth -- I didn't want him to get hurt.

The men continued to shoot at him but Kylo Ren maneuvered with impossible speeds. His lightsaber transformed into a dancing red glow across the air. Three bullets deflected back at the fighters. Their bodies fell to the ground in dead heaps of armor and the sound of gunshots was extremely diminished.

I watched The Resistance fighters near him and my heart continuously skipped beats. Kylo Ren continued to battle confidently. Boom. Boom. Two bullets reflected back into two soldiers' armor and they both fell backwards at odd angles, dead.

I know I was aching for him to win, but all this death was making my stomach twist. I could barely stand to watch it happen.

There were two fighters left to battle Kylo Ren. They both expertly and speedily swapped out the guns for two riot gear weapons (Author's note: look up 'stormtrooper riot gear' for an image if you are confused). The two fighters began dueling Kylo Ren with that.

I'd never seen anyone move with such incredible balance between speed, strength, and elegance as I watched Kylo Ren battle with his red lightsaber from behind my makeshift wall of machines. It was a red whirl through the air and as soon as he would solidly parry he would expertly jab. I could barely track his lightsaber as it darted through the air. It was a literal red blur.

The disgusting sound of laser piercing flesh emanated as Kylo Ren completely beheaded one of the fighters. He didn't take a moment to revel in his glory, however; he immediately turned back to the remaining opponent and began to fiercely lash at him.

It took only a few moments of dueling -- Kylo Ren gained dominance, the fighter lost determination and physically battled worriedly -- before Kylo Ren's lightsaber pierced completely through the final fighter's chest.

Kylo Ren gracefully pulled his lightsaber out of The Resistance's last hope of abducting me and the body fell limply to the ground. I watched in horror as he stepped over it.

It was the first time I'd ever seen Kylo Ren truly take action. It was the first time I'd been petrified with terror.

_____

Author's Note

So hopefully you looked up the riot gear, if not I'll probably be putting it on my website for pictures (you can get the link in my profile). 

I know it's a relatively short chapter but I might try to update again tonight since I have nothing to do, hahaha!

Bye :)