Chapter Seventy-Four

(Author's Note: This chapter is in Kylo Ren's point of view.)

I could feel a dangerous tension in the room. I knew that I had to put an end to it because I couldn't have any sort of unease between any of my apprentices. 

"Let's being training, shall we?" I hastily suggested in an attempt to interrupt the hostile silence. When they all continued to size each other up, I instructed something that would certainly cease the discomfort. 

"Grab one of the fake lightsabers. We will be practicing a few basic jabs today in order to better your lightsaber combat skills." 

They all did so. Then, Kubos, Kespia, and Nira moved so they stood in front of me. They all looked at me expectantly, waiting for their next set of orders. 

"Nira, if you could please help me demonstrate this first jab." I nodded to her. Nira stepped forward and glanced skittishly at the siblings.

"Alright, Nira. I want you to go through attack 14 in slow motion with me." After saying this, I turned parallel to Kespia and Kubos so they could see our movements better. Nira did so, too. 

She did exactly as she was told and perfectly executed attack 14 by faking left, swooping under, and jabbing right. 

Nira stood up straight after the execution and looked at me with raised eyebrows and wide eyes, as if she were asking for my opinion on the jab. I nodded, and had to blink to regain my focus -- her beauty had temporarily distracted me. 

It felt strange to be in the same room as her but not be involved with her in any way except professionally. It didn't feel right to not be able to think the thought, Nira is my woman. 

I then realized that I had been excessively staring at her. Nira was slightly frowning. I looked back towards the new apprentices to make sure they had been watching the jab. Kespia's arms were folded and her eyebrows were furrowed; I could tell that she had been studying the moves closely. 

Kubos, however, was staring at Nira. Correction -- Kubos was staring at Nira's body

I felt an angry heat in my stomach flow upwards through my chest and slowly spread to the tips of my fingers. I had to refrain from outright scolding him on the first day of training. 

How dare he stare at her in such a perverted manner? Not only do I love Nira, but Nira and Kubos are strictly colleagues! He needs to be able to maintain professional actions if he truly wants a job within our government, I thought jealously and bitterly.

The thought that I couldn't stop him from 'checking Nira out' because Nira wasn't technically mine sent me into an internal rage. I took a deep breath and had to avoid looking in Kubos' general direction for a few moments. I knew that if I would've looked at him, I would have blown up. 

"Now we will demonstrate attack 6. Nira, if you will." I spoke in a strained, aggravated tone. Nira took a short breath and, again, flawlessly performed the jab I requested her to. 

I have trained her so well, I thought admirably. 

I looked at Kubos and Kespia again. Neither of them had moved much. Kespia had shifted most of her weight onto her other foot, but still was a good student and closely examined the moves we went through. Kubos' eyes were still trained on Nira's luscious curves. I narrowed my eyes from behind the mask. 

"Are you two ready to pair up and attempt those two parries? Do you think you're ready, or do we need another demonstration?" I focused on keeping my anger concealed from my voice, and I did well -- however, I glared at Kubos the entire time I spoke. Even though I was directly addressing both of them, it took him several moments to drag his perverse eyes from Nira's body!