Chapter Forty-Seven

He finished his sentence.

"Please let me kiss you."

_____

I looked into his eye and saw a longing, desperate gleam.

"Okay." I whispered breathlessly. My heart beat quickly, but also gently, and excitedly. My mind was blank from all thought except for those focused on Kylo Ren.

His fingertips trailed from behind my ear, down my jawline, and to the bottom of my chin. "Lean in," He commanded, almost inaudibly. I gently scooched myself towards him and closed my eyes.

His fingers guided me towards him. I could gage how close I was to him because I began to feel his hot, sweet-smelling, shaky breath gliding over my skin. Then his soft lips gently latched onto mine, and oh, it was the most wonderful feeling I'd ever experienced.

Having to worry if the one living person you cared about still existed was horrendous, and the relief of being able to touch them, to kiss them, was almost overwhelming. A sudden bubble of joy swelled in my chest and threatened to burst, but I pushed it downwards and continued our precious kiss that had been waiting much too long to occur.

For a moment it was his lips on mine and my lips on his and that was all that mattered. Passionate electricity and warm affection was exchanged from our lips and swirled in my body. My entire being was pure bliss.

He pulled away and I froze in confusion before allowing my eyes to slowly open and look at him in confusion.

"Nira . . . You care for me?" He questioned at the quietest volume, his eye flickering from one of mine to the other.

"Yes." I answered confidently without a moment's hesitation, and I didn't lie. It wasn't a lie. It was the complete truth.

I cared for Kylo Ren. I had completely forgiven him, fully accepted his violent flaws, acknowledged that he had actually done a lot for me on The First Order, and come to the realization that I did truly care about him.

Immediately following my response, Kylo Ren moved his fingers that were under my chin to softly grasp my upper arm and pull me close. A whirl of affectionate explosions blew forth in my mind at the connection of our lips.

As we kissed, his thumb stroked my arm. His lips moved perfectly around mine, forming intricate, loving patterns. We didn't love each other yet, but part of me wanted that wondrous fantasy to become reality. It was distant want, and I temporarily ignored it.

Kylo Ren then took my lower lip between his teeth and dragged it back towards him -- it took me a moment to realize that he was biting my lip -- and chills were sent frenzying through my body.

I was a sensual fire and Kylo Ren was the spark.

He then resumed kissing me, and he snaked his hand between my torso and arm so it was resting on my mid-back. He then pulled me towards him so the fronts of our bodies were touching, and I could feel his carved muscles on my chest.

His pectoral muscles were so prominent and abundant. I could literally feel six squares that were abdominal muscles on his torso and I lightly pulled my hand up and down his torso, trying to be cautious and aware of his injuries as I did so.

His lips were interlocked with mine and it felt oh so good. I wanted more. I needed more.

His hand pressed into my back further, which pushed my body against his harder. I brought my hand under his arm so I could also touch his back, which was full of muscle as well.

Kylo Ren'a athletic physique never failed to impress me.

He slightly flinched at my touch because of the cold metal that made up my hand. I reacted by immediately pulling my hand off of him, but he pressed his back right back into my artificial palm. I then resumed touching him, satisfied that he had chosen to ensure a slight chill rather than not have me touch him at all.