Chapter Fifty-Two

(Author's note: This chapter is in Kylo Ren's point of view!)

Something small and soft pressed into my skin, bringing me from an undisturbed slumber into a black unconsciousness. Another smooth, miniature, rounded object pressed onto my cheek.

My eyes opened and my heartbeat spiked to unknown levels as I jolted completely into consciousness. I was suddenly sitting straight up, ignoring the pain from my healing bruises.

I glanced around, quickly looking for who or what had awakened me. I was positive that it was someone who was going to try to hurt me. I was prepared to fight. I didn't have my mask or armor on; it was a requirement of the infirmary to not have armor in order for proper treatment, but I was fully ready to commence combat.

I turned to my left, saw the silhouette of the figure as I was turning, and pulled back my fist, preparing to send a flying, jaw-breaking, teeth-rattling punch into whatever it was.

"Kylo Ren!"

Her.

Nira.

I froze in mid-punch execution and looked at her.

Just the sound of her voice sent blissful waves of softbheat caressing down my body, giving me the chills and tingles in every nook and crevice that was my own.

"Nira," I sighed, falling back onto the pillows, relieved that it wasn't an attacker visiting me, "What are you doing here? What time is it?"

"It's late at night. I don't know what time it is. I wanted to find you earlier but I couldn't . . ." She rubbed the back of her neck with one of her tiny palms, "For a while." She admitted. Nira sounded ashamed that she hadn't known the correct course to the infirmary.

"Did you train today?" I asked her.

"Yes." She stated, sounding slightly proud.

"Good. I would've disappointed if your answer would've been anything else." I then spoke as Nira's mentor, not as her possible lover.

"How did you find me?" I spoke after a moment's worth of silence -- a moment's worth of my admiring her striking eye color.

"I took a transporter here and then had to, well, I had to look through all of the other patients' rooms to find you." Nira looked away from me as she spoke. I could see her cheeks inheriting a bright red shade that accompanied humiliation.

Suddenly, several short, and sensual, images ran through my head.

Nira underneath me. Me leaning down to kiss her exposed neck. Her eyes closed with bliss due to my hands on her body. Her hands gripping at my shoulders. Her glorious legs wrapped around my lower back. Her bare chest pressed on mine. Her bare skin underneath my hands.

I blinked to bring myself back into reality. I was not surprised that these abrupt and explicit images appeared in my mind. This was definitely not the first time that I'd fantasized over Nira. I truly did desire to, one day, simply go through with the sexual acts I constantly dreamed of with Nira. I knew she was sexually attracted to me and I was definitely positive that I was sexually attracted to her.

There were a few things that held me back from completely from doing as I wished to Nira. My respect for the strengthening woman was increasing as her physical and mental weaknesses decreased; Nira grew stronger every day in so many different aspects. Another thing that kept me restrained from making my dark fantasies reality was the fact that I genuinely cared for Nira. Nira is the one of the four beings I'd ever felt anything remotely more than absolutely nothing for in the entire universe. I couldn't do anything revolting or vile to one of the only beings I feel something truly wonderful for.