Chapter One-Hundred-Ten

Author's Note: Nira's POV.

Recap - Nira returned to the Resistance's base with Poe, Poe left. Nira told Kylo Ren about the peace treaty and told him he would have to talk with General Organa if the treaty were to be passed and put into place. 

_____

After I told him he would have to work with the General, Kylo Ren was silent. He was as stiff as stone and just as wordless. I was extremely worried and a tad scared because I didn't know what the outcome of this conversation would be. I was half-expecting an agreement and half-expecting an angry outburst. 

I was tensed up, preparing for his reply. 

Kylo Ren finally spoke, asking cautiously, "Is that what must happen? Communicating with General Organa is mandatory in order for this treaty to be set into effect?" 

I wordlessly nodded, figuring that a wordless response would elicit the most calm reply from him. 

Kylo Ren leaned back into his black leathery seat, clearly considering his options. I could see the gears twisting in his head. We both knew that if he ignored the treaty then the Resistance and allies would obviously send some sort of attack. If he complied with the treaty then he would be agreeing to binding rules that restricted the military of the First Order. 

He didn't seem to be acknowledging the fact that General Organa was indeed his mother, and that also scared me. The fact that Kylo Ren could so easily disregard his family ties was horrifically remarkable. 

Then again, I thought, he did kill his own father. I don't think Kylo Ren acknowledges family ties much . . . At all. 

"I suppose a hologram conference could be set into place. I will have that arranged. The General and I can speak statistics and logistics." Kylo Ren spoke in his mechanically deepened voice. 

I was elated. My chest felt like it was inflating with excitement. Before my return to the First Order I had major doubts about the treaty actually falling through, but it was happening! The peace treaty was on it's way to be enacted!

Kylo Ren abruptly stood up, and I did the same. "This is the conclusion of our conference. I will call a conference with the officials and propose the peace treaty to them. If all are in denial then the treaty will most likely not go through, but if I can round up half of the officials in agreement then I'm sure it can happen." 

I nodded in satisfaction and followed him out of the central outlook room. 

Kylo Ren turned his back to me and began to split ways, but I called out, "Kylo Ren!"

He stopped and immediately turned to face me. 

His tough metal mask used to terrify me, but it no longer did. I viewed the mask not as an actual inanimate object that Kylo Ren merely placed on his head, but as a part of him. The mask is a piece of who Kylo Ren really is, and that's how I view it, and that's why the cold metallic helmet doesn't intimidate me one bit. 

"Yes?" He asked.

"Will I be . . . Seeing you later?" I timidly questioned. I was worried that I would fall asleep alone that night because of the heaping workload he has. I would understand why he would be too busy to see me before I fall asleep, but falling asleep next to him would be very wonderful. 

Kylo Ren thought for a moment, and then replied, "Yes." 

I couldn't help an excited smile from spreading on my lips. I turned away from him and began making my way through the base. 

*****

The rest of my day had been pretty bland. I was very hungry after my flight to the base so I traveled to the Dining Hall for some lunch. I ate quickly in order to avoid General Hux and departed from the Hall. From there, I went to the training arena and practiced my accuracy with a few different types of blasters. I didn't care what my employment position was at that moment. I knew where I belonged -- in the battle field. I wasn't going to stop practicing until I got where I needed to be.