Chapter Three

I'll repeat myself. I do not know when updates will be out. It'll be weekly or maybe before if I feel like updating. You continuing to tell me in pm to update isn't going to get you anywhere.

Anyway, enjoy!

(Not edited)

-----------------------------------------

I jumped a mile when the sound of the plate being left on the counter appeared. I had been trapped in my own thoughts while cleaning I hadn't even realized he entered the room. I spun around, my eyes landing on the plate that was now empty.

He stood there, looking awkward, his jaw tightened, "That was nice" He grumbled, saying nothing else before turning and leaving the room. I let out a relieved sigh, leaning against the counter. I was scared he'd hate it. If he did, I probably would have died.

I began washing the plate, not even bothering with the dishwasher. I was used to doing it this way. My eyes wandered the kitchen which was now spotless. I still had to clean the room he was in but there was no chance of me asking him to move.

I didn't even dare be in the same room as him. What was I to do now? I didn't know if I was allowed into the rooms upstairs, so how could I clean. I quietly made my way to the room he was in. He sat on the couch, his laptop on his lap.

The moment I appeared in the doorway he looked up. He didn't ask or say anything because he knew I wanted something so he just waited for me to speak. I took a deep breath before finally talking, "Uhm... is there anything in particular you want me to do?"

He let out a sigh and leaned back in the chair, "No"

"Oh" I mumbled. Maybe it was best if I returned to my room and stayed there. I slipped past him, my whole body going rigid when he called my name, "Evangeline"

"Sir?" I turned to look at him.

"Clean this room" Thank god. I hated being alone with my thoughts, bad memories always spiraled in my mind.

Did he know that?

I enjoyed doing something to keep me occupied. It would have been better if he left the room but he didn't.

He sat there, the only noise was the typing as his quick fingers worked at the keyboard. I quickly began tidying around the place, making sure to get everything and every corner. Now and again, I felt his gaze on me which only made me more nervous.

"Why are you a maid?"

Oh no, question time.

"To earn money Sir"

"There's other ways to earn money" He seemed annoyed, "You're basically selling yourself."

I was. This way though I had a place to stay as well as earning money. I had nowhere else to go after being kicked out so I turned to this.

"It was my only option"

"Only option?" He scoffed, "So you're only option was to become a slut and allow men to grope, grab and touch you. Don't you have any self respect?"

My heart dropped and I swallowed a lump in my throat, wishing Milania was here. She wouldn't stand this from him, she'd speak up. I couldn't. What was I supposed to say?

"I know"

It was silence for a minute, "You're pathetic" I shut my eyes to stop tears from falling when he said that, "You can't even stand up for yourself. Allowing people to put you down"

"I'm sorry, Sir"

The laptop slammed shut causing me to jump. I didn't dare turn back to him but I heard him stand up and storm up the stairs. When his footsteps faded away, I opened my eyes allowing some tears to fall before wiping them away.