Chapter Seven

I hummed to myself quietly, picking the right ingredients for the cheesecake. When I was younger... and not in this type of work, I remember trying 'Naughty Angel Cheesecake'.

It was basically heaven in my mouth. I probably whimpered when I had finished it, I don't fully remember what happened. I just remember the heavenly taste.

Memories.

I wish I could return to then and somehow change everything. Change everything so my brother wouldn't be what he was today and I wouldn't be in this line of work.

Where would I be if that happened? Could I have a puppy? Or even someone that cared about me? I smiled at the thoughts. It was fine, I didn't need those. They were only things I'd like to have, not need.

I finally reached for the last item, a huge white chocolate bar. I made sure to get the best value price, I didn't want to waste all of his money. Carrying the basket on my arm, I made my way to the checkout.

"Nick?" I accidentally said out loud to the person in front of me in the queue.

Oh god, what if it's not Nick. Play it off!

He turned around and to my relief I was correct when I noticed the familiar face. He studied me for a moment and I frowned at the black bags under his eyes. He looked as if he was about to fall asleep any moment.

His eyes suddenly lit up, "Evangeline!" He said, a smile growing on his face, "How are you?"

Why was he so excited to see me?

I returned the smile, "I'm okay. How are you?"

"I'm... alright" He hesitated as his eyes dropped down to my clothes. My coat was open so my maid outfit was clearly on view. He looked back up to me and tilted his head, "Who you working for?"

"Uhm... just a new master"

"Would I know him?"

I shook my head, "Probably not"

"What's his name?"

"Seth..." What was his last name? I didn't even know his last name! Or I couldn't remember. How did I forget?!

Nick must have saw panic in my eyes because he laughed and placed a hand on my shoulder, "Calm down. Everyone forgets. He must not be important then" He winked and I just watched him in confusion.

"Well, he's not as mean as my Mr. Tyrese" I winced, "So I can't complain"

"You still don't seem entirely happy." He pulled out his phone from his pocket and passed it to me, "Type in your number, maybe we can hang sometime"

My heart jumped a bit and I slowly nodded my head. I had never been asked to give someone my number before, well not in a friendly way. I took it in my hands and quickly dialled in my number before passing it back.

I looked down in surprise when my phone began ringing before looking back up to him. He grinned, "Just making sure you didn't give me a fake number"

I let out a small laugh and he turned back to the counter when the woman called "Next"

"Talk to you later Eva"

I held up my hand and said a small goodbye. I looked down to my coat pocket where my phone was and smiled. Someone wanted my number.

I remembered meeting Nick at the maid/master ball thing a while back with Milania. I could see Nick was interested in her... a lot. It was plain obvious but I didn't really mind at the moment. Nothing like that was on my mind.