Chapter Fifty Two

Two months later

I pulled at the tie, it was seriously annoying me. I still could never fix these god damn things. My jaw tightened, thinking to the only person I had ever let fix it for me.

Two months on and I still thought about her, everything reminded me of her.

Now here I was, in a damn interview. Why? Because I had nothing better to do and I needed to keep myself distracted from going mental.

I remember how mad I was, when I went to Sofia, to shout at her for calling Evie out. When I saw her, my mouth wouldn't let me say anything.

She was fragile and weak, her usually bright skin was a pale color. Around her eyes were complete black and she looked horrific. It was only two weeks after the whole incident when I saw and I knew she blamed herself.

It suddenly made me feel guilty and I left without another word.

I had been mad, trying to blame others because it had been all my fault

"Seth, moping around here isn't going to help her. You're stubble is about to turn into a beard" Xander scolded me, I knew he was just trying to help.

"I put her here, I have to stay. I want to stay" I had just muttered, not even focusing on his sentence.

"You didn't put her here, it was an accident"

"Nate was going to collect her and I forced her to let me drive her! If I hadn't this wouldn't have happened" I growled, shooting him daggers.

He dropped his eyes, "It isn't your fault. You need to understand that" He didn't know what to say, and I didn't want him to say anything.

"It's my fault. I promised I'd protect her, literally one minute before and this happens" I wanted to punch myself but the pain I was going through was enough already. I deserved it, "It's been two weeks and there's no sign of movement"

"You can't lose hope, Seth. They won't plug it out anytime soon with you here, they know you'd kill them. You seriously need to get out and fix yourself up. If she wakes, she definitely won't want to see you like this"

"If?"

"When" He quickly corrected, "I need to get home and make sure Milania hasn't tried to escape"

Milania had wanted to be here all the time with her but Xander had decided she needed rest, with the baby stuff going on.

It seemed like years ago we had that conversation.

"Seth Archer?" I looked up to the man calling me. He was well dressed and had glasses that fell slightly so he over looked them.

I nodded toward him and stood up. He stood back, allowing me into the 'office'. I sat down in the chair opposite his own and he walked around to sit in front of me. He leaned on the desk, getting out a notepad before looking up at me.

"So Seth, tell me about yourself"

"I'm twenty one. Live in the area, just finished a course recently" I shrugged and he raised an eyebrow.

"Why did you decide to seek a position in our company?"

I blinked, "To get my mind of some shit"

"This isn't a joke, Mr. Archer"

"I'm aware of that" My phone began ringing in my pocket. I had the urge to pull it out but the man's expression told me otherwise.

"I know who your father is, so let's start over, shall we?" He cleared his throat. Of course.