Chapter Fifty One

Thus chapter doesn't mean I'm returning. I just need to finish the book.
---

It felt like a bomb went off inside my body or something kicked me hard. I felt my body jump, not being able to control it and my eyes flashed open.

My whole body hurt as I tried to move, rolling onto my side but something stopped me.

A man held me in place, not allowing me to get up. My hand examined my body, horrified when I saw blood. I was shirtless and to the side was defibrillators. I stilled, my mind trying to think what just happened.

Truck. Horn. Fear. Crash.

I tried to speak but I stumbled over my words first, the taste of blood in my mouth startled me until I realized it was just from my cheek.

I looked at the relieved man who stood above me, "Where is she?! Where is she?" I pushed myself up, ignoring the pain, ignoring my body trying to tell me to lie back down.

I was on a trolley, being wheeled toward an ambulance and the pounding headache made it hard for me to focus. My eyes searched the place desperately before they landed on my car.

What was once my car....

It was destroyed, upside down and blood was beside it. "LET GO!" I shouted at the man who pushed me back down, "Where is she?! Is she-" I stopped talking as I saw a man and a woman behind another ambulance.

Evie was lying on a trolley that one woman was pushing, her face had worry written all ovr it. My heart fell to my stomach as Evie's hand lay lose, falling down at the edge where another woman quickly placed it beside her again.

Her eyes were open but there was no life in them. The people around her were shouting, pointing to the ambulance as a man stood waiting, holding something

I pushed the man in front of me off, and went to hop off the trolley but fell to the ground, wincing at the pain.

"EVIE!! EVIE!" I was shouting louder than I ever had before, to the point my vocal chords felt like tearing but she didn't so much as move, "SAVE HER! HELP HER!"

"Sir, you have to calm down, you need treatment" The man grabbed me, "They're doing the best they can, you can't help"

"WHY ARE YOU HELPING ME FIRST?! WHY DID YOU SAVE ME AND NOT HER?!" I growled at the man, not allowing myself to punch him.

His eyes were wide, "You were out of the wreck already, crawling to her side before you passed out. She was stuck in the car"

I pushed him off and went to crawl to Evie, my heart tearing apart. It stopped when they closed the doors and I lost sight of her before something was jabbed to me, causing a stinging pain.

I tried to shout but my words were slurred and my body was weakening before finally it gave up and I passed out.

***

"He's waking up" I heard a man's voice. It was familiar.

I felt control of my body, and balled my fist up, confused as to why I couldn't open my eyes.

After many attempts, they peeled open and I felt like it took me a few moments to catch my breath. The first person I saw was Xander, staring at me in shock.

First thing I felt was pain.

A woman rushed into the room.

The room?

My eyes roamed the place, trying to find where I was at. It was a small room, and it was obvious where I was. My eyes went to the needle in my arm and the IV I was connected to.