Chapter Six

Not edited
------

I admired my work, a smile growing on my face. Somehow, Seth had managed to mess up this room the day after I tidied it. I couldn't complain though, it gave me something to do.

I stood, studying the room around me. Now what? Did he want a snack or anything? I glanced toward the kitchen, debating whether to make something.

No, he might not want you to use ingredients if he's not hungry.

Ask him. Stop being a coward and just go and ask him. I tugged down my maid dress and stood up straight, letting out a breath.

Stop acting like you're about to be in the hunger games.

I rolled my eyes at myself before finally making my way up the stairs. Brave. Brave. You can do this. Head up, chin high, don't die.

I had noticed him going into his gym room about an hour or so ago but now the door was open, leaving the room empty. I glanced in to make sure, my eyes only spotting equipment. I left the room and let out a cry when I collided with a warm wall.

I opened my eyes with a frown, pushing myself from the wall before freezing. Walls weren't... warm and they sure as hell didn't breathing. Walls didn't have abs!

My head slowly raised. My heart stopped at the slow realization. I didn't know what to do. Seth stared down at me, his hair dripping wet. He was only in sweats, with no top on and he smelled good...

Was I some magnet to walking into him when he was half-dressed? He's going to think your a pervert now!

When he arched an eyebrow I came back to reality. I threw myself backwards away from him only to let out a scream when I fell over a weight. I waited for the impact before feeling a strong grip around my wrist, that tugged me back up.

I let out a relieved breath, glancing behind me. My eyes widened. If I had fallen, I could have smashed my head on that... what the hell was that machine. I looked back to Seth with a sheepish look, "Sorry"

He blinked before letting out a sigh, "You need to stop being so clumsy. I'd rather not have blood on my equipment."

I nodded my head, embarrassed at my actions. "I'll watch where I'm going" My head was low. I felt like a dog being scolded. I basically was a puppy that kept getting in trouble for peeing in the house.

Nice reference.

"Did you need something?" He continued drying his hair, giving it a messy look before throwing the towel to the side.

"I was wondering if you were hungry" I let my hair cover my face.

When he didn't answer I dared to look up and let out a squeak at how close he was. "Why do you do that?" He asked.

"I just... I didn't know if you were hungry" I finally made eye contact with him.

He shook his head with a sigh, "I'm not talking about that" I offered him a confused look, "When you talk to me. You fidget with your hands and drop your eyes to the ground. You do all you can to avoid looking at me. You hide your face with your hair. If I make one movement you flinch"

Wow, he noticed a lot.

"I... uh.. I don't know"

"You do" He said.

"I guess I'm nervous" I shrugged.

"Nervous people don't always act like that. They don't think someone's going to hit them just because the person moved. They don't hide themselves. You hold your breath when you walk past me"

"You're kind of scary"

Did you really just... oh my god, how the hell does your tiny little brain think this is okay to say to him?!

"I'm scary?"

"No" I said a little bit to fast.

His lips went into a thin line, "Go out and get ingredients for cheesecake"

"C-cheesecake?" I asked, utterly confused. I had just called him scary and he basically ignored it and told me to make... cheesecake... of all things.

"Follow" He turned and began walking down the stairs and I did everything to avert my eyes from his back. I made sure to keep a distance between us this time.

He picked up his jeans that were hung over the couch and pulled out his wallet. He pulled out two ten euro (dollar in america) notes and passed them to me.

I slowly took them and picked up my coat from the coat rack, pulling it around me. "I'm going to finish off my assignment. Don't be long" He huffed before reaching for his laptop and taking it upstairs with him.

I left the house, neither of us saying good-bye to each other. I knew there was a shop close by, not the one we met Xander and Milania in. It was only a five-ten minute walk depending how fast you went.

Even though I didn't have the longest legs, I still walked pretty quick so it wouldn't take me to long. I was relieved he wasn't coming with me, now I had time to think on my own. In the fresh air.

I couldn't help but smile as I continued the walk. I literally almost began skipping I felt so free. I wished it was always like this, even better having some nice place to go home to.

Living with Seth... that wasn't home. That was like living with a room mate who despised you... not to mention working for him. I was used to work, so the things he told me to do wasn't much compared to past masters.

I was still scared though. He seemed to be angered easily and I didn't want to push him. He'd probably hit me... kick me, make me feel worthless.

He's already making you feel worthless

I rolled my eyes. I was such a downer, this was why I had no friends. Did Seth have friends? I couldn't imagine him having friends with that sort of attitude but then again I didn't know much about him.

We weren't exactly 'buddies'. I probably should have taken my earphones, the music could have distracted me.

People laughed at my poor phone. Sure it wasn't the newest and most modern phone but it made calls. Not that I ever really used it to communicate, only for music. I couldn't even get apps on it... yes... that's how bad it was.

I raised my eyebrows when I noticed the shop coming into view. I hadn't even realized I'd been walking for this long. I guess my thoughts filled in for the music.

I didn't slow my pace, remembering Seth saying 'Don't take to long'. Would I get in trouble if I took to long? I didn't even want to chance it. I just wanted to please him.

Please him?

That came out more sexual than expected.

I blinked. Had Seth ever had a girlfriend... or slept with anyone? I've seen him half naked but never actu-

GET THOSE THOUGHTS OUT OF YOUR HEAD!

My face flushed a bright red and instead of walking, I ran toward the shop, shaking my head in hopes to make the images disappear.