MMIH 2: Preview

I read the email, not surprised that my skills were getting complimented. I never knew that I had a skill for making websites until Xander introduced me to it. I had learned about coding and how to work all this stuff during my course.

I had also given in and sometimes gone to help my father at his work. It kept me busy, I needed to be busy...

My phone rang and unlike the past days, I picked it up quickly, "Hey" I knew who it would be straight away.

"You finished?"

"Yea and he responded already. Money was sent to my paypal" I mumbled, cracking my knuckles before putting my new laptop to the side. When the accident happened, I had smashed almost everything that I owned.

"Are you seeing her today?" I knew this was the real reason he called me.

Xander and I had become closer lately. I wouldn't call us best friends but, we were friends. He was there for me and although it annoyed me that he worried about me, it showed he cared.

Milania and I didn't really hate each other any more either.

"Yeah"

"Sophia knows?"

"She will when I get there" I muttered, knowing he wouldn't be happy with this news.

After the accident, Evie had gone to live with Henry for a while. After Sophia kicked Nate out, because he cheated, she invited to house Evie. Which was a miracle as they both needed each other.

I had only spoken to Evie once since she left the hospital. That was about two weeks ago. Although at the hospital that day, she told me she wanted me to come back, the day I met her... she seemed to think otherwise.

She seemed to panic when she saw me and flinched at every movement.

Xander rang every day to find out if I was going over. He was trying to stop me, to give her more time but I couldn't stay away from her any more. I needed her, she needed me. I could help her if she gave me the chance.

I also knew informing Sophia I was on my way, she would tell Evie. I would probably get locked out and wouldn't even get a chance to talk to her.

"Seth-"

"I need to. I can't put this off any longer, Xander. Could you hold off if this was Milania?"

"Milania's my girlfriend. She's more to me than what Evie was to you" I knew he was testing me an dI wasn't giving into it. Instead I let out a silent sigh.

"Xander, I'll call you later" I hung up before he could say anything else. I stood up, already dressed. I pulled a jacket of the stair case and threw it on me, not bothering to zip it up.

I pulled open the door, the creak sound that had appeared recently was loud. I needed to get that fixed, some oil was all it needed. At least it would warn me if someone came in to try steal anything.

I locked up the house and walked to the car. Every time I got into this car, my mind went back to that day. I thought a new car would clear all memories and of course, I was an absolute idiot for thinking something like that.

I put the car into gear and reversed out of the drive. I only had to hope they'd be home right now. I thought, I would at least be a bit over her by now.

I was beginning to get used to waking up and not having her there any more. Sometimes it felt as if her presence was in the house and she'd come skipping out of nowhere but every time I was disappointed.

I couldn't give up on her though.

Poppy.

She remembered that name, she could get her memory back. I just had to refresh everything, show her everything all over again.