T W O

I remove the key from the ignition and swing my backpack behind me while locking the car. All I wanted to do when I got home was sleep.

I'm greeted by my dad the second I enter the house as he sits at the dining table doing some work. "How was your day at school Mal?"

"The usual, same crap everyday" I respond while grabbing a bag of chips from the cabinets.

"Your mom called today" he looks up at me while making a face. A chuckle escapes my lips.

"She said that she wanted you to call her once you got home from school" I rolled my eyes. She probably has another boyfriend or something. I didn't have a good relationship with her what so ever. I still remember the day I got into an argument with her over the phone, it was the reason why we haven't talked in two years. She still called my dad to tell him that she wanted to talk to me even though she knew that I wouldn't even want to look at her, let alone talk to her.

It was always the same excuse too. 'Ill call her later' or 'I'm busy at the moment' my dad knew I hated her, especially for what she had done. He wanted us to talk but he wasn't the type to push my buttons, especially when it was something that affected him greatly.

"I'll call her later, but I wanted to tell you that Avery invited me to a party on Saturday." His eyebrow shoots up while looking at me.

"Didn't she get wasted or something?" He asks with a chuckle. He remembers everything that happened that night. I had to bring her to my house so she wouldn't get caught. Her parents are religious and they think almost everything she does is a sin. Imagine bringing her home drunk. She probably would have been dunked in holy water.

"Yeah, she wants me to go, but I don't feel like going" I say while grabbing more chips.

"Just go and take care of her, she might get into trouble or something and I trust you enough. Just don't get wasted or I'll kick your ass" he says looking at me with a serious face. He begins to laugh and stands up from the chair he was sitting in. He can never be strict on me, which is something I loved about my dad. Which is the reason why I chose to stay with him.

"Okay dad, whatever you say"
I walk upstairs to my room and close the door and get on the phone to see a message from Avery.

Avery: So are u going to the party? :D

Me: Yeah so I can take care of ur drunk ass.

Avery: Ouch, didn't think u would call me that

Me: You've known me since freshman year, what else did u expect me to say?

Avery: Idk but I didnt think u would call me a drunk ass :'(((

Me: Well I just did, so get over it :)))))

Sometimes I wonder why I even have friends, I can be the biggest smartass ever at times.

Avery: bitch ☆

Me: Shouldn't u be reading a bible or something? ♡♡♡

She hates when I used anything against her that has to due with her parents being religious.

Avery: Fuck you Malia. I'm nothing like my parents.

Me: haha okay. Whatever u say.

With that the conversation ended and I walked over to my closet. I changed into some comfy sweats and and a white v-neck. I walk out of my room and head downstairs.

"Malia can you do me a favor and head to the store quickly and get some eggs and milk?" My dad asks while rummaging through the fridge.

I really didn't feel like going anywhere, but my dad couldn't go anywhere at the moment. He had a lot going on in his plate.