T H I R T Y - N I N E

When I arrive to the restaurant, I remove my sunglasses and put them on the top of my head as I see Mrs. Dolan and Cameron there.

"Hi Malia, how are you?" Mrs. Dolan hugs me and Cameron does too.

"Good, I'm just starving" we all sit down and begin to look through the menu, when Cameron breaks the silence.

"So, we called you here because Ethan and Grayson are turning 17 on Friday, and we want to throw them a surprise party"

"So where are they now?" I ask as I close the menu.

"They're out with their dad buying clothes for their birthday, but they don't know that" Mrs. Dolan smiles at me and I smile back.

"And we need you to help us, it would also make Ethan happier because, you know, you two are finally dating!" She has a big smile on her face and I laugh.

-----

After breakfast, we go to the party supplies store and we begin to look through the aisles of different colored decorations.

"So what theme should we go for?"

I hold up superman plates and Mrs. Dolan and Cameron begin to laugh. "We can also include batman too, I mean batman versus superman right?"

"Knowing them, they'd probably dress up like them too" Cameron laughs and I put the plates back and we look through the aisles.

"Wait, why don't we ask my dad what Ethan and Grayson are going to wear so that we can go based off of that" I begin to laugh and she looks at me weirdly.

"What's so funny?" She asks as she pulls out her phone.

"Knowing them, they're probably gonna be wearing something that has to do with Adidas, Nike, or Vans" she gets the point and she begins to laugh hystetically.

"Oh my god, we're probably gonna have to draw the check point everywhere to make it a nike themed party" she shakes her head as she laughs and she dials her dad.

"Hey dad, sorry to bug, but what are Ethan and Grayson going to wear?"

"You're kidding right?"

"No, no, it's fine. We were just wondering. Thanks for the help"

She hangs up and sighs as she looks at me. "What?" I ask as I look through the baking supplies on the other side.

"Well you were right about one twin, and that was Ethan. He got a Nike sweater and Grayson is just wearing a black shirt"

"So black and white then?"

"Yeah, pretty much"

-----

"So how are we gonna set up the place? Is it gonna be a big surprise party or?"

"A few friends and family, that's all" Cameron replies looking at the stuff we bought.

"By any chance is Christian and Riley coming? Ethan told me that they were scared of him and Grayson ever since the...party and that him and Grayson feel really bad"

The one I fucked up

My palms become sweaty as I look down at the floor.

We hear a car door as Cam and I look at eachother with wide eyes. "They're here!" She tosses me the things and I toss them back to her.

"Malia take it!"

"You take it! I don't know where to hide it Cameron!"

The doorknob twists and Cameron and I run upstairs into her room before they can see us and we lock ourselves in her room.