T H I R T Y - O N E

He begins stuttering while he scratches the back of his neck as he paces back and fourth in the kitchen.

"W-Where would you get that?"

Please don't lie to me

"Ethan, please just tell me the truth" I felt desperate. I needed to know if it was the truth or if it was just to shut me up. Needless to say, it did shut me up.

"Malia, don't start please"

"Okay, fine" I head up the stairs into his room where I grab the pile of black clothes laying in the corner of the room and I remove his shirt. I feel the cool air hit my chest and I quickly slip on the black long-sleeved crop top .

"Where are you going?" Ethan comes in and I keep dressing back into my clothes from last night.

"Home. Where else?" I pick up my bag and phone and I pass him.

He tugs on my arm and I drop everything that I was holding. He smashes his lips against mines while he holds my wrists.

My eyes widen as his eyes close. I feel my legs tremble as I get a weird sensation in my stomach.

After a while, he pulls back and I see his cheeks heat up.

"I really...really like you Malia, and I'm scared. I'm scared that you won't like me back the same way I like you. I'm scared that you'll just throw away what I feel for you"

I'm left speechless while I stare at him with my jaw on the floor.

"Ethan,you really didn't see that I had feelings for you? All the stupid shit I did was because I was jealous of Mackenzie having what I wanted...you."

He looks down and I continue on.

"The day your parents renewed their vows, I felt happy being with you. It felt so good being in you're arms when we danced, I tried to hide my feelings for you, but I couldn't. I broke the deal, I promised myself that I wouldn't fall for you, that everything we did was supposed to be based off sex, it was just supposed to be a little game. A game that we weren't supposed to play, but we still did, and look at us...we suck at playing"

We both laugh at the end and I wipe off the tears that fell down my cheeks while I spoke.

"We really do suck at playing" he cups my cheeks and he leans his forehead against mines. His smile is big, and his eyes are full of light.

"I want this to work out, but we still have another problem, and you know who that is" he frowns and licks his lips before placing a light kiss on my lips.

"It's her, I know. We just have to be patient and wait"

I sigh and remove his hands from my cheeks.

"I don't want to be patient and wait anymore Ethan! I've waited long enough, I want us to be happy. I just never understood why you always let her cheat on you with different guys. You don't deserve it, yet there you are waiting for her to get bored of the others and then she comes back to you. How long has this been going on?"

"Since freshman year" he looks ashamed of it and I walk up to him and I wrap my arms around his shoulders.

"I don't know what I did to deserve you" he looks down at me and he kisses my forehead.

-----

We finally came to the conclusion that Ethan was gonna have to break up with her. We still weren't gonna be seen together at school because gossip runs quick through out the school and we have to keep our relationship on the down low. If Mackenzie found out, she would probably burn the school down with everyone in it or something.

I walk into the cafeteria where Ethan is no where to be seen. Grayson smiles when he sees me and I do the same.

He knows everything. He was overhearing everything we said to eachother which was a bit embarrassing, but I trust him.

I sit down at the table where Avery and I sit. Andrea is missing from the table, meaning she's absent today.

"Hey Mal" Avery greets me and I smiles back at her.

Ethan storms in the cafeteria where Mackenzie comes behind him.

"He means nothing to me Ethan!" Her yells echo through out the cafeteria and I have to cover my ears at one point.

"That's what you've always said! I'm done trying to work things out with you, you always go behind my back and cheat in me with other guys! I'm done!"

"Somebody get the popcorn!" Avery mumbles as he digs through he backpack and pulls out a plastic bag full of candy.

This bitch

"You can't break up with me! No one has ever broken up with me!"

"Well guess what princess? I just did. Get over it. You are thr most selfish person I've met Mackenzie! You want everything to be about you and only you, and if you keep acting this way, then you're gonna end up alone"

Her jaw is on the floor and I cross my legs. I fiddle with my fingers while I chew on my bottom lip.

"I forgot...you already are alone" he walks out of the cafeteria leaving everyone speechless.

Author's Note: DAMN ETHAN! Savage af!

Sorry for the short chapter, but I had to cut it short for this week because I'm in a hurry to go somewhere, but I promise next weeks chapter will be longer though.

Until next week, PEACE! ✌💚💙