T H I R T Y - T W O

I lay on the gym floor panting with sweat running down my forehead and temples, my whole body felt sticky and gross as if I haven't showered in a week.

"Take a 5 minute break! We have 3 more laps to do" my teachers voice echoed through out the gym along with the groaning of other students who were tired.

"I swear to god if the bell doesn't ring right now, I'm gonna walk out of this class" Avery covered her eyes from the bright lights if the gym as she laid on the floor next to me.

"Shut up Avery. You and me both know that you won't do it" I chuckle as I wipe off the sweat from my neck and forehead.

"Alright everyone stand up!" Avery gets up and stomps out of the class as she mutters curse words.

I see the teacher roll his eyes as he marks something on his clipboard. I stand up and get in position, he blows the whistle and before I know it, we're running again.

My whole body was sore, and it wasn't from Ethan this time. My P.E teacher has been making us run laps everyday and I'm honestly so done.

From my knees down, I feel pain with every step I take. My heart began to race even harder and I have to force myself to keep running.

The bell rings and I've honestly never felt so relieved. I walk out of the gym panting as my legs ache. When I enter the locker rooms, I see Avery. "You know he marked you down right?" I say as she continues walking.

"Fuck him! Fucking asshole is telling us to run but he's over there eating burgers every Friday at McDonalds"

I begin to laugh hysterically, earning looks from the other girls who are changing. I open up my locker and I take out my towel.

"You are gonna shower? In here?" Avery says as she wipes her face with the paper towel.

"Yes why?" I turn around and remove my shirt, leaving my bra on. She rolls her eyes and makes a gesture towards the girls that are considered 'easy' in the school.

Oh

"I'm not gonna go in there naked Ave, I do have an extra bra and underwear in here" I take out the bra and underwear and show them to her.

"I don't know, just hurry up. I'll wait for you, and don't get AIDS in there!"

-----

Wednesday

It was finals week and I was honestly shitting myself. I've been so stressed out that I haven't even talked to Ethan since last week and in that week, I was supposedly studying with him, but I ended up falling asleep on top of him with the textbook next to me.

I sit at my vanity with the textbook on the table as I prop my head up with my hands. I was starting to fall asleep, but my glasses were preventing me from doing so.

I'm startled by my phone ringing and I quickly get up to answer it.

"Babygirl..."

"Hey E, what's up?"

"E? No Daddy?" I smile when he says that and I shake my head as I walk to my bed.

"Sorry, I've been studying"

"Don't get worked up over finals. You are going to be fine, just like you always are"

We begin to talk about other things when I begin to feel drowsy. I lift up my glasses and I rub my eyes as I yawn.

"Malia?"

Before I'm able to respond to him, I'm fast asleep with the phone in my hands.

Ethan's POV