T W E N T Y - E I G H T

Monday

I slam the door to my blue jeep and swing my backpack on my shoulder as I quickly make my way towards the hall, trying to avoid getting wet from the rain.

When I get inside the hallway, all I can hear are the squeaking of shoes against the dirty tile floor.

Every step I took, I felt sharp pains due to the fact that the glass was stuck in my foot and the wound hasn't heeled completely.

Ethan was gonna kill me knowing I cane to school, especially after he told me not to come because I needed my foot to heal, but oh well.

I head to my locker where I see Avery waiting for me. She has a look on her face and I gotta admit, she seems angry.

I haven't really talked to her lately. With the drama with Ethan and my dad, hasn't really given me time to talk to her. Sometimes, I wish things could go back to the way they were. Just us two friends hanging out, not having to worry about shit, but then again, here I am. I'm hiding a secret from my bestfriend and I sure as hell feel guilty for not telling her.

It's not the fact that I can't trust her, because I can. I just don't want her to say 'I told you so' if something bad happens in the end.

"Hey Av-"

"Don't 'Hey Avery' me. Are you trying to ignore me or something?"

She crossed her tan arms together and I sigh. I should have known she was gonna get mad.

"Avery, that's one of the last things I would ever want to do to you. I've just been busy"

"I've heard that one before" she rolls her eyes as she runs her hand through her long dark hair and I shake my head.

"Just listen to m-"

"Whatever Malia. Go and suck Ethan's dick again" she stomps off and I stand there with my jaw on the floor.

She did not.

No fucking way.

I see Ethan at the corner of the hall with Grayson, Aaron, Jack, and Mackenzie. He has his arm wrapped around Mackenzie, while she talked to Cameron. I smile at him, but he ignores me and acts like he never seen me. They stand there and after Mackenzie leaves, he winks at me and I flip him off and slam my locker door. He stands there with a shocked expression on his face as I stomp off to my classes.

You are so gonna fucking get it.
-----

The bell rings and I'm one of the first ones to leave the classroom.

I shove through the crowd of people blocking the cafeteria. I recieve multiple glares and I curse at them.

When I finally make my way to the cafeteria, Avery isn't there and I groan and shake my head.

She's really fucking pissed off at me.

I feel someone shove me and I turn around to see who it is, but to my surprise, it's Mackenzie.

"You're blocking the way" she walks past me and I clench my fists together.

Don't try me today bitch

I'm about to walk out of the cafeteria, when Grayson walks infront of me.

"At least say excuse me LaMont"

This motherfucker too.

"Sorry, I guess I can't see you, just like your little dick"

A few people laugh and his face turns red. I turn to see Ethan sitting down and he mouths something to me.